Saturday June 11 vs Royals

SteveA

11 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

No, I'm saying that these guys are have some talent, are not winners. They never won in the minors leagues and they've been on God awful major league teams. When you watch them, they don't do the little things very good. They'll make dumb base running mistakes or they throw to the wrong base, or they'll all go into slumps at the same time. 

I see guys that are immature who accept losing and failure. It doesn't piss them off. I don't think they like it because no one likes to lose, but it doesn't piss them off. 

I think you need guys that hate to lose, who hate to fail. You need guys that expect to win. None of these guys are those guys despite having talent.

I get what you're saying. 

I might disagree on Mancini, however.  He gets visibly upset with himself when he doesn't produce in crucial situations.  He doesn't seem like a guy that is content with losing.  I see some of that in Hays, too.

Deep down, all these guys know that their livelihood depends on doing better.  They know they are borderline type players whose job as big league ballplayers is not guaranteed.  

27 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm honestly convinced until they can move on from this core they will lose. There is talent in the Mullins, Mountcastle, Mancini, Santander, and Hays group, but they have always lost. They are the kinds of guys that just do just enough to lose. 

I think they just need a vocal leader.  The O's in the late 2000's/early 2010's were perrenial losers, but I think that guys like Jones and Markakis helped turn that around.  I believe Buck was a big part of that too.  Maybe Adley can be that guy for the O's, but of course he has to hit ML pitching.  I just turned on the game and noticed he has 2 hits today, so maybe it's started.

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Bautista is nasty today.  Try to catch up to 101 letters high.

Got a little too cute.  If you can throw 100, why not make them prove they can hit 100 up in the zone instead of leaving offspeed stuff in the middle of the plate?