Heston Kjerstad 2022

joelala

1 minute ago, LookinUp said:

You may be the only person on this board rooting for Brooks Lee to be the pick.

No no...I'm only rooting for Lee to be assigned to Aberdeen for a month before 2022 is over if he is the pick.   I'm rooting for Jones I guess, but don't have a serious dog in the fight.    My wish is Druw is Griffey, but even if he is of course Mike Elias would/should give talking points about no historical players in this year's mix.

Lee would be a signal we aren't chasing a star infielder (unless we're trading Jordan Westburg...), and to start poking around if there's a star pitcher on the market anytime soon Elias likes/trusts as well as Lance McCullers for a many many year plunge.     That the Astros have held it mostly to a couple years at a time even for the planet's Verlanders and Coles is I think a style preference, and I'd be fairly surprised if a Gausman-Ray contract ever got handed out to a stranger.

44 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Hopefully in 6 weeks we will all be complaining that Kjerstad needs to be challenged at Bowie and how ridiculous it is that Elias is slow playing him.

You won't have to wait 6 weeks for that.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Frobby and just about everyone else on Orioles Hangout.    We thought it was last week.   Everyone expected it this week.   Frobby gets enough credit already!!!!  😄

I have to admit, I was hardly out on an island on this one.  But thanks to Nelson for the credit anyway!

So, it will be interesting to see how hard it is for Kjerstad to adjust to this level.  It’s not like he was hitting .363 there — he was hitting .463 for a solid month!  He could drop 100 points in Hi A and we’d still say he was dominating.   So, I’m hopeful that he will continue to dominate.  

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I have to admit, I was hardly out on an island on this one.  But thanks to Nelson for the credit anyway!

So, it will be interesting to see how hard it is for Kjerstad to adjust to this level.  It’s not like he was hitting .363 there — he was hitting .463 for a solid month!  He could drop 100 points in Hi A and we’d still say he was dominating.   So, I’m hopeful that he will continue to dominate.  

You never know.   Jordan Lawlar was dominating Low A and is 2 for 21 to start at A+.    Remember Henderson and Westburg last year.    .463 is .463.   That's a crazy number even in the FCL.    Anything over .300 would be good at Aberdeen as far as I'm concerned.   Hey, Cowser was only hitting .260!

3 hours ago, RZNJ said:

You never know.   Jordan Lawlar was dominating Low A and is 2 for 21 to start at A+.    Remember Henderson and Westburg last year.    

Yes, I do remember they both struggled a while, especially Henderson.   Of course, neither of them hit .463 at Delmarva.  And they did adjust eventually, as I expect Lawlar will.   So I won’t jump off a roof if Kjerstad gets out of the gate slowly.   I’m just glad he’s getting out of the gate at all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Well I have to say this is one of the more well deserved promotions I've ever seen. Aberdeen should present more of a challenge to him. It never quite made sense what he was doing in Delmarva so long.

A few more hot weeks and we'll be wondering when he gets moved to Bowie. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jabba72 said:

Well I have to say this is one of the more well deserved promotions I've ever seen. Aberdeen should present more of a challenge to him. It never quite made sense what he was doing in Delmarva so long.

If he shreds at Aberdeen, and puts some power back in his game..  move him straight to Norfolk.

We're burnin daylight.

3 hours ago, jabba72 said:

Aberdeen going to be much tougher. Promising def, but one step at a time imo.

1 hour ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Aberdeen going to be much tougher. Promising def, but one step at a time imo.

Well, Darell Hernaiz had an .852 OPS at Delmarva this year, now has an .828 at Aberdeen.  So Aberdeen doesn’t have to be much tougher.   But it could be.   Pretty sure he won’t hit .463 at Aberdeen in any event.  

6 hours ago, jabba72 said:

I think they were monitoring his health and trying to get a gauge on his power in game. Nice to see him get promoted. 

6 hours ago, rudyrooster said:

As an Arkansan I've watched this young man since he showed up as a somewhat unheralded freshman.  

All he does is hit the baseball.  Tony Gwynn?  I'd settle for that.

Haha, yes, if he could be the greatest contact hitter since Ted Williams I’d also find that acceptable. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1