Saturday June 25: Orioles try for first 4 game winning streak since 2020

SteveA

20 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Who wants to trade Hays? And btw the Orioles next competitive window should be starting next season, Hays won't even hit arbitration till this winter 

I think some fans here have giving up on being a competitive team and just want the best farm system.  At least the O's can be good at something.

4 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I think some fans here have giving up on being a competitive team and just want the best farm system.  At least the O's can be good at something.

I want the best MLB team, which is why I think trading hays might make sense.  We have to time our resources exactly right in this division unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Emory Eagle said:

I want the best MLB team, which is why I think trading hays might make sense.  We have to time our resources exactly right in this division unfortunately.

That's great if you're trying to put all your chips on the table for one season. I want sustained success for the long haul.  A five tool player doesn't come along very often.  Why not keep him and build around him? 

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

That's great if you're trying to put all your chips on the table for one season. I want sustained success for the long haul.  A five tool player doesn't come along very often.  Why not keep him and build around him? 

Fair enough. I also want a consistently competitive organization. So if Hays long term is how it’s done, I can guarantee I won’t complain

37 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Who wants to trade Hays? And btw the Orioles next competitive window should be starting next season, Hays won't even hit arbitration till this winter 

I don't think anyone *wants* to trade Hays. I would be open to trading Hays for the right return. If KC offered Witt, you take it, right? I'm not sure how far down the list I'd go but everyone has a price. I agree, more likely in the next year or two, not right now. 

Sounds like a real nice win.. didn't see any, went to a soccer game today.

Some mention of Mancini possibly being hurt in the game thread?  Can anyone elaborate?

I see we hit a couple guys in a row to start the 9th with a 6-1 lead.  Any possiblity that was retaliation on our part?; Any reaction by LaRussa/Sox, or warnings or guys glaring at each other?

Always fun to read the early posts after a game like this. I've been following baseball for 50+ years and you just can't assume any game is a win or loss based on the pitching matchups and lineup...

5 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Hyde seems like he has one of these games every week where the O's rest several regulars.  So tired of these type lineups.  It's like waving the white flag before the game starts.  I know, the O's sometimes win.

4 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Why do I not have confidence in a lineup that has Ryan McKenna batting 5th?    Whoa!

4 hours ago, justD said:

This pitching matchup. Ugh. 

4 hours ago, O's84 said:

That might be the worst 5-9 this season.

4 hours ago, Emory Eagle said:

Hyde must’ve been instructed to stop the winning streak at all costs… this lineup is… brutal.  At least we have an ace on the mound lol

4 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

When the winning streak is about to get out of control and cost the team a high draft pick.  You need a stopper.

4 hours ago, SteveA said:

Sounds like a real nice win.. didn't see any, went to a soccer game today.

What the hell is a soccer? 

I missed the game today. It was a yard work day for me. Just watched the whole game when after knowing the final score. This team appears to be seriously less talented than others, but damn do they fight for the win. Fun game to watch. Big ups to Watkins and the bullpen (again) tonight.