Tuesday, June 28: O's at Seattle in our last late night start of 2022

SteveA

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I have no delusions the Orioles would spend $115M on a free agent pitcher at this time. Hoping that changes in the future if a pitcher like Grayson or someone else is special enough. 

Elias has said when the time is write he will spend, but I have reservations on whether the owners will allow him to do so.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Elias has said when the time is write he will spend, but I have reservations on whether the owners will allow him to do so.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'd love to know whether or not he's got it in writing somewhere that if he gets this team to a certain win total, that he can spend more money.  Or if it's just on a handshake and an understanding.

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Man, I remember being in high school and thinking those Mariners jerseys were just SO cool.  The hat, too.  Of course the Mariners were a cool team with Griffey Jr, Randy Johnson, Jay Buhner, A-Rod, Edgar, etc...I rocked that Mariners hat in high school despite being a die-hard Orioles fan.  I just thought it was so cool and that team was so cool.  Cal was my #1 guy, Griffey was a close second but I wouldn't be caught dead in that ornithologically correct bird hat.  I always thought it was so stale and boring.

But jeez, those Mariners jerseys have aged terribly.  They've looked awful for years.

I still like the mid 90's version. 

ken-griffery-jr--750x500.jpg

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'd love to know whether or not he's got it in writing somewhere that if he gets this team to a certain win total, that he can spend more money.  Or if it's just on a handshake and an understanding.

The owners are lawyers (even if one couldn't pass the bar) you think they wouldn't fight any contract in court?

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

It'd be nice to be a fly on a wall, but we can only make educated guesses....

Or we could storm the warehouse and hold Elias hostage until he reveals the answer.... I vote for that one.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Man, I remember being in high school and thinking those Mariners jerseys were just SO cool.  The hat, too.  Of course the Mariners were a cool team with Griffey Jr, Randy Johnson, Jay Buhner, A-Rod, Edgar, etc...I rocked that Mariners hat in high school despite being a die-hard Orioles fan.  I just thought it was so cool and that team was so cool.  Cal was my #1 guy, Griffey was a close second but I wouldn't be caught dead in that ornithologically correct bird hat.  I always thought it was so stale and boring.

But jeez, those Mariners jerseys have aged terribly.  They've looked awful for years.

Dude, reading your post is EXACTLY like my brother. He LOVED the Mariners. Had a hat he wore all the time and has over 200 Griffey cards. He even had his room painted (by my father) the Mariners colors. But, both of us were die hard Orioles fans. I had my room painted teal because of the Jaguars. This was like when Jacksonville first got the team. Like in 95 or 96. I thought it was so cool that my father did that for us. I love him so much. He's such a caring individual. 

• Upvote 1