All the Right Moves

baltfan

8 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Well we did. I don’t think we make that decision if we still had Machado, Trumbo, Schoop, Jones, and Hardy. 

Do you have any evidence to support that claim?

Look at the Yankees and how RH dominant they are.  You don't think they are aware of their stadium configuration?

Now if you want to suggest that Elias has been prioritizing LH bats because he knew years ago that the change was coming that is reasonable.  

You adjust personnel to fit the stadium not the other way around.

40 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Do you have any evidence to support that claim?

Look at the Yankees and how RH dominant they are.  You don't think they are aware of their stadium configuration?

Now if you want to suggest that Elias has been prioritizing LH bats because he knew years ago that the change was coming that is reasonable.  

You adjust personnel to fit the stadium not the other way around.

Do you think it is pure coincidence that we made this move at a time when we have no veteran pitchers and a lot of young lefty hitters in the pipeline? I do not think Elias just came up with the idea of moving the fences back for no particular reason. 

8 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Do you think it is pure coincidence that we made this move at a time when we have no veteran pitchers and a lot of young lefty hitters in the pipeline? I do not think Elias just came up with the idea of moving the fences back for no particular reason. 

He wants the park to play more neutral, potentially to entice pitchers to sign with the team.

But Elias definitely likes to draft left handed bats and athletic outfielders that can cover ground so I think he plans to use it as an advantage in that way. It fits the current and probably future makeup of the organization. Definitely something to it 

8 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

I'm sure he had his reasons.

But I don't think the Yankees current lineup was one of the reasons.

I think the plan to move the wall predates the drafting of the young lefty hitters.