Mancini trade market heating up? Orioles willing to deal Santander? Yankees and Mets?

Sports Guy

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Too bad, his stuff is just nasty.  Yeah, I doubt they're trading him if they think he's major league ready.

My guess is that they think the team is major league-needy more than they think he's major league-ready. I'm curious to see how he does.

Just now, spiritof66 said:

My guess is that they think the team is major league-needy more than they think he's major league-ready. I'm curious to see how he does.

They didn’t re-rank anyone. They just moved players up as players graduated. No overhaul, just simple slotting up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

19 seems a little high for that stat line.

Of course. That is based on draft pedigree and doesn't take this year into effect but he'll fall to about 60 and then about 90 and then completely off kind of like Austin Martin.   There's almost no chance a player with those numbers ever becomes a ML regular but it takes time for them to acknowledge that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Kahlil Watson. I find him interesting but for the wrong reasons. 252 PA. 15 walks. 99 strikeouts.  Wow!

29 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Of course. That is based on draft pedigree and doesn't take this year into effect but he'll fall to about 60 and then about 90 and then completely off kind of like Austin Martin.   There's almost no chance a player with those numbers ever becomes a ML regular but it takes time for them to acknowledge that.

Putting aside his poor performance this year, I’m shocked he was ever ranked 19th.   What was he, the no. 16 pick in last year’s draft?   And even though I’m sure he slipped some due to bonus demands, there were 8-9 guys who received higher bonuses.  BA ranked him 60th this offseason, BA 45th.  Fangraphs has him 100th.  MLB Pipeline is out on an island on this one.  

22 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Putting aside his poor performance this year, I’m shocked he was ever ranked 19th.   What was he, the no. 16 pick in last year’s draft?   And even though I’m sure he slipped some due to bonus demands, there were 8-9 guys who received higher bonuses.  BA ranked him 60th this offseason, BA 45th.  Fangraphs has him 100th.  MLB Pipeline is out on an island on this one.  

He was in the conversation at #5.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I picked Rasmus for a number of reasons.

None of them were to Troll Rick.

and you dont like Buck.

Yet Buck is getting good play of out his players.

Mancini would be a great addition to that roster, and hell no, I wont want to lose him.

But, a stand up character guy like Mancini, no clubhouse cancer, with baseball skills, and the two already have a history together.

It makes a ton of sense.

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

and you dont like Buck.

Yet Buck is getting good play of out his players.

Mancini would be a great addition to that roster, and hell no, I wont want to lose him.

But, a stand up character guy like Mancini, no clubhouse cancer, with baseball skills, and the two already have a history together.

It makes a ton of sense.

I don't don't like Buck.

I just think that's he's overrated.

At the end of the days the O's finished under 500 with Buck as a manager and his last significant decision as an Oriole's manager cost the O's a chance at advancing in the playoffs.

I most certainly think Buck was involved with bringing Rasmus on.  Just like I think he was involved with the Davis signing and giving Tillman that insane ML deal instead of the minor league contract his performance the previous deal dictated.

Buck brings a lot of good, and bad, to the party.

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't don't like Buck.

I just think that's he's overrated.

At the end of the days the O's finished under 500 with Buck as a manager and his last significant decision as an Oriole's manager cost the O's a chance at advancing in the playoffs.

I most certainly think Buck was involved with bringing Rasmus on.  Just like I think he was involved with the Davis signing and giving Tillman that insane ML deal instead of the minor league contract his performance the previous deal dictated.

Buck brings a lot of good, and bad, to the party.

Those 5 years of solid ball under Buck, had nothing to do with Buck and his skillset.

Why do you blame Buck, for Toronto kicking the tires on DD, and Peter going back into micro-management owner style?

Buck is far from perfect, but, I believe a pretty solid manager.

As for Davis, if you go back and reread all the articles from that time frame, it sure looked like that was all on Peter.

Usually contracts are under the direction of the GM, and with ownership approval.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Those 5 years of solid ball under Buck, had nothing to do with Buck and his skillset.

Why do you blame Buck, for Toronto kicking the tires on DD, and Peter going back into micro-management owner style?

Buck is far from perfect, but, I believe a pretty solid manager.

As for Davis, if you go back and reread all the articles from that time frame, it sure looked like that was all on Peter.

Usually contracts are under the direction of the GM, and with ownership approval.

I never said that, but they did lose more than they won under Buck.  Which is something some folks don't like to acknowledge.

I give Buck part of the blame since it's pretty clear he decided to involve himself in the GM side of things.

Sure.

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that Buck was in favor of keeping Davis and probably talked to Peter about it.

Yes they are, and usually the manager doesn't involve himself in that process.