Your second half expectations for Rutschman?

Frobby

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I wonder how many homers he will hit this year. He has a lot of doubles.  Surprised he doesn’t have more homers.

A lot of Rutschman's doubles (like the one tonight) have been hustle doubles where the ball doesn't even get to the warning track. Right now he's doing it with his legs rather than hitting wall bangers, so I'm not so sure that's going to translate into HRs in the near future. Once he starts to put on more weight as he gets older I'm sure the HRs will come, but he'll likely lose a bit of foot speed as well. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

A lot of Rutschman's doubles (like the one tonight) have been hustle doubles where the ball doesn't even get to the warning track. Right now he's doing it with his legs rather than hitting wall bangers, so I'm not so sure that's going to translate into HRs in the near future. Once he starts to put on more weight as he gets older I'm sure the HRs will come, but he'll likely lose a bit of foot speed as well. 

The double tonight was 105 mph and the one last night was 108.7. He’s finding barrels 

• Upvote 1

I still can't get over how good he has been behind the plate. His block and receiving are elite. He's even starting to make Chrinos look like Severino back there by comparison.

HRs will come with adjustments. His timing was dog crap the first couple weeks.  Now that he is starting to time up and see the ball well, the hits and BBs are rolling in, but they are pitching him in interesting sequences at times that don't seem to play to his LH pullside power.  Once he starts anticipating a little better, I think he'll start getting his dingers to all fields

On 7/22/2022 at 12:29 AM, Frobby said:

I say Adley puts up an .800 OPS the rest of the way.  And while I don’t know exactly how much that extra offense would add to his WAR, I’m going to say he’ll be good for 2.3 over the final 70 games.   If he were to do that, his final OPS wouid be in the .765 range and his final rWAR around 3.6.

Took Adley the weekend to get his OPS up to .765.   It helped that his long fly to LF that Torres couldn’t keep in his glove was scored a double.  

Two hits and a walk today.  His at bats are must-see.  Sees a lot of pitches, elite patience.  Doesn't swing at junk.  Batting average up to .238.  There's almost a .100 point separation between his batting average and on base percentage.  I'm wondering if in his prime he'll ever post a .400+ OBP.  

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, SteveA said:

In a day or two, he could be LEADING the Oriole team in OPS.  As of now:

Hays .770
Mountcastle .766
Rutschman .765
Urias .762
Mancini 749

And Santander is at .755. Mullins at .710 (not too far away) could make his way into the mix too with a hot month. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s amazing how closely packed they all are.  

Bunch of guys who are susceptible to blazing hot streaks and extended cold spells.  IMO, that's what a .750-.775 OPS hitter looks like...good enough to carry a team for a few days, even maybe a month.  But also plays at the other end of the spectrum, too.  

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Bunch of guys who are susceptible to blazing hot streaks and extended cold spells.  IMO, that's what a .750-.775 OPS hitter looks like...good enough to carry a team for a few days, even maybe a month.  But also plays at the other end of the spectrum, too.  

Adley and Urias are trending up, at least.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I expect Rutschman to arise above this level in 2023 as he gains more at bats against MLB pitchers. Mountcastle could definitely rise above this level if he had a more discerning batting eye, but it doesn't seem likely outside a career year like Mullins had in 2021. 

23 minutes ago, Babkins said:

Adley and Urias are trending up, at least.

7 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I expect Rutschman to arise above this level in 2023 as he gains more at bats against MLB pitchers. Mountcastle could definitely rise above this level if he had a more discerning batting eye, but it doesn't seem likely outside a career year like Mullins had in 2021. 

Yeah I expect AR to be better than .775. The rest seem to be .775 guys. Book is out on Urias but I’m not getting my hopes up.