Trade Deadline Primer/Thread

Roll Tide

14 minutes ago, dabirds said:

How about Weathers + a younger guy?

I have real concerns on Weathers, I am not sure what has happened to him but he has really struggled last two years.  He has been brutal in AAA with ERA close to 7 high whip and struck out only 58 in 84 innings.  If Elias and company things they can figure out what has gone wrong in him he could be guy to target but just looking at numbers I don’t think he would be guy to center it around.  

12 minutes ago, pdiddy said:

https://twitter.com/oriolessirloin/status/1552830326845603841?s=21&t=1Je3jUZ4axnRsP8lRFulCg

He lives!!

@HotStoveintel used to be an insider on a message board, just created this account to post some news I am hearing. Mancini is being dealt to the Mets with Jorge Lopez for a package around David Peterson.

Haha sirloin is back! 

I would hope for more than Peterson, but years of control certainly have value. 

8 minutes ago, PHRESH said:

Haha sirloin is back! 

Peterson as the MLB guy, maybe 3B Mark Vientos (#5) and SP Jose Butto (#12) as the minor league portion of the trade?

Edited by orioles119
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, clapdiddy said:

Not sure how the Mets acquisition of Tyler Naquin will affect a trade for Mancini?

Gotta think they're out after adding a 1B/DH and a COF. Acquiring three defensively limited corner guys seems like it would be overkill.

1 hour ago, luismatos4prez said:

They traded for Tyler Naquin?!?! We should see if they'll trade prospects for DJ Stewart if that's the caliber of player they want.

Naquin has an .811 OPS vs. RHPs this year, which is a hair above his career .805 OPS against them. For his role as a platoon COF, he's far better than Stewart.

2 hours ago, PHRESH said:

Haha sirloin is back! 

I don't understand possibly trading for Peterson.  I guess he's one of the Mets backup starters.  You have to think Elias is looking to trade for a young starter, but was hoping for someone better than Peterson. 

6 hours ago, clapdiddy said:

Not sure how the Mets acquisition of Tyler Naquin will affect a trade for Mancini?

I’d say it shoots sirloin’s phony rumor in the foot. I don’t see anyway that they are still after Trey.  I was suggesting Trey and Lopez to the Mets would be a good match days ago because they also need relief help. 

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I’d say it shoots sirloin’s phony rumor in the foot. I don’t see anyway that they are still after Trey.  I was suggesting Trey and Lopez to the Mets would be a good match days ago because they also need relief help. 

I know Sirloin didn't have the best record around here, but it doesn't mean his rumor has to be "phony". Isn't it possible the Mets had a couple of irons in the fire with different teams?