Monday, July 25: Rays come to town for a big 4 game series

SteveA

People complaining about MASN and the announcers should have to watch the Rays broadcast.  The camera men miss have of what is happening the announcer messes up who is hitting or making the play.  The stats they post on the screen are completely wrong and common sense would be like you can’t have 9 homers and only 8 RBI but no one notices and announcer just repeats it.  I guess like their payroll their media crew on low cost.

I wonder if the Orioles strategy is to pull pitchers in middle of the inning is something to combat the three batter rule.  It seems that we make a lot more pitching changes with two outs.  I know in past it seemed we wanted relievers to come start the inning clean.   I know this was a matchup decision but it just seems years before relievers came in to start innings more.

7 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

People complaining about MASN and the announcers should have to watch the Rays broadcast.  The camera men miss have of what is happening the announcer messes up who is hitting or making the play.  The stats they post on the screen are completely wrong and common sense would be like you can’t have 9 homers and only 8 RBI but no one notices and announcer just repeats it.  I guess like their payroll their media crew on low cost.

Interesting perspective. I keep thinking if we just start winning more, they’ll open the purse strings. And then I remember they’re trying to sell the team. 

• Thanks 1