Sunday August 7th - Let’s Get This Sweep

sportsfan8703

Hope Chirinos is ok, btw. That was a hit. 

Been doing housecleaning and had not been following closely and I initially thought "wow, Adley got nailed" and my heart skipped a little. Not that I'd wish getting pounded like that on anyone, but Adley already had one collision in recent weeks. 

29 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Probably should have taken the pitch on 0-1 with Mateo's jump.  Yeah it'd of been 0-2 count but you'd have 2 chances to get him in.  The 0-2 steal attempt wasn't a good jump and Mateo probably should have stayed put.

It’s a pitch out pitch, stupid as hell to run there.

4 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Such a dumb rule.  And what a knee jerk ejection by the umpire.

What a bunch of crap. You’re basically saying the catcher doesn’t have the right to catch the ball. A stupid rule created to stop super rare injuries. The thing is, if Allen slides there he probably breaks up the throw. 

Edited by ledzepp8
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ledzepp8 said:

What a bunch of crap. You’re basically saying the catcher doesn’t have the right to catch the ball. A stupid role created to stop super rare injuries. The thing is, if Allen slides there he probably breaks up the throw. 

The rule changed because of money.  When that SF catcher got hurt right after signing a big contract the Giants cried like babies.  And they changed the rules.   All for contracts.