Santander to play some first base?

seak05

So instead of one player out of position, we will have two players out of position and Stowers (who I think has questionable defense himself) in the outfield.  Genius.  Odor must have some incriminating info on these guys, it's wild how they are going out of their way to accommodate him to the detriment of the team.  I imagine there is a very specific date they have in mind where they will cut bait on the season or bring up Gunnar.  It just makes way too much sense to put Gunnar at 3b, Stowers in RF, Vavra at 2b, Santander at DH and DFA Odor.  Or keep Odor and drop one of Phillips/McKenna.  

Mountcastle has more HR power, drives in more runs and is undoubtedly a better defensive first baseman than Santander, but sure, get rid of Mountcastle. Let's also not forget Santander has had trouble staying healthy. Yes, I'm a Mountcastle fan, and though I'm under no illusions about his abilities, he's by far the best option we have at the moment.

Edited by Gentile4

13 minutes ago, Gentile4 said:

Mountcastle has more HR power, drives in more runs and is undoubtedly a better defensive first baseman than Santander, but sure, get rid of Mountcastle. Let's also not forget Santander has had trouble staying healthy. Yes, I'm a Mountcastle fan, and though I'm under no illusions about his abilities, he's by far the best option we have at the moment.

If he has more HR power, why does he have fewer HRs? Maybe it’s just me, but I prefer my 1B to have an OBP north of .300. 

1 hour ago, Ohfan67 said:

Yep. Pretty disappointed. Not shocked, but I was definitely rooting and hopeful that Mountcastle was turning a bit of a corner. But just looks like it was another of his hot-cold cycles. 

It's hard to understand how he could go from best hitter on the team in June to nothing in July.  His rapper name is now Ice Cold.