Here's what MacPhail can do...

JTrea81

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The problem with Guthrie is his age. He got a late start in pro ball due to taking off for 2 years. He will be 33 years his last year before free agency. He would be getting up in age where it would not benefit to extend so the team would look to deal him anyway.

So, if some team is willing to spend a fortune for him in a trade. You'd do it.

Is Gamel straight up a fortune?

I would have to think about it, but I am with Wildcard, for me Guthrie is more valuable at this point.

Already calling Wieters a hall of famer? Even potential Hall of Famer? You are out of your mind. He doesn't have ONE majorleague at bat. I seriously think you lost it when Tex decided not to come here. Your opinions have gotten more outlandish by the day. IF Wieters has as good of a rookie season as Soto had we will be lucky, lets not set this kid up for disaster by calling him a HOF'er before he even has an AB. THe odds are very much against him being a HOF'er than they are him making it.

Already calling Wieters a hall of famer? Even potential Hall of Famer? You are out of your mind. He doesn't have ONE majorleague at bat. I seriously think you lost it when Tex decided not to come here. Your opinions have gotten more outlandish by the day. IF Wieters has as good of a rookie season as Soto had we will be lucky, lets not set this kid up for disaster by calling him a HOF'er before he even has an AB. THe odds are very much against him being a HOF'er than they are him making it.

Most respectable publications are predicting Wieters to play at a HOF level.

Most respectable publications are predicting Wieters to play at a HOF level.

No respectable publication would say that a baseball player who has not played an inning of ML baseball would play at a HOF level. I think most are saying that is his ceiling and that he most likely will be an all-star caliber player.

Archived