Prospects Live midseason Top 100 prospects

odogs101

Who’s no. 1 on this list?   It’s pretty clear there’s no industry consensus that Gunnar is the no. 1 guy, but the fact that he’s in the conversation is an amazingly positive development when you consider his pre-season rankings.   These publications are usually hesitant to move somebody that fast and it speaks volumes about the quality of his season in all respects, not just the gaudy offensive numbers.  

https://www.prospectslive.com/prospects-live/2022/8/10/2022-midseason-top-100-prospects

I remember a Prospects Live podcast in the beginning of Torkelson and Kjerstad where they had some promising tidbits on Kjerstad, I believe swinging and missing less than Tork, so not surprised they are quicker than some others guessing him a nice placement.

I noted the "physical freak" comment about Coby Mayo, and that Westburg was right next to Jasson Dominguez.

Edited by Just Regular

3 hours ago, LookinUp said:

Doesn't include Stowers. I think the national guys aren't on him like the OH is.

Difference between being a second round pick and a first round pick.

Kjerstad would not be considered a top 100 prospect if he wasn’t drafted where he was. 

Edited by ChuckS
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Difference between being a second round pick and a first round pick.

Kjerstad would not be considered a top 100 prospect if he wasn’t drafted where he was. 

You're right but that is part of the ranking process.   Austin Martin stayed in top 100 lists for over 2 years.   Kjerstad could and probably will fall off of most end of year lists going into next season unless he has a good finish at Aberdeen.   

Kind of an odd/fun write-up for Westburg in that list.  The "bad" is almost as good as the "good."  I'll take it.

67. Jordan Westburg, SS/3B, Baltimore Orioles

The Good: Westburg is as consistent as they come, and he’s just hit since he turned pro out of Mississippi State. In fact, the entire package is a bucket of 50s and 55s. He’s an above average hitter with a strong approach, and should hit for power, play defense and run at an average clip.

The Bad: What he lacks here in superstar ceiling he makes up for in easy floor. He might end up handing the shortstop position to Gunnar Henderson, but the skills and baseball I.Q. are high enough that he can slide in anywhere on the dirt. 

Edited by Paul in Virginia
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

Who’s no. 1 on this list?   It’s pretty clear there’s no industry consensus that Gunnar is the no. 1 guy, but the fact that he’s in the conversation is an amazingly positive development when you consider his pre-season rankings.   These publications are usually hesitant to move somebody that fast and it speaks volumes about the quality of his season in all respects, not just the gaudy offensive numbers.  

ProspectsLive No 1.jpg