“First Name” players

Frobby

11 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

We'll see. Given the amount of pushback on GRod and the lack of support for SonGuez, I could see Grayson getting heavy play.

The first letter - first syllable nickname is an artifice of the 90s and is in decline. Not sure what his thoughts are on the matter though.

If going in that direction, I’m partial to GrayRod. A little snugger play on the “A-Rod” etymology, and a little more creative that just that bland “first letter - first syllable” formula you mention.

It’s not the easiest thing in the world to type, but it rolls right off the tongue out loud.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Is that verbalized as Gee-Rod or grod? I don't like either personally. I'm going with Grayson. 

If you pronounce it the second way, grodd is actually a really cool super villian in the DC comics, so I am down with calling him Grodd. haha

23 hours ago, GuidoSarducci said:

Come way may, I think Rougned Odor has already cemented himself in Orioles history on a first name basis.    The chance we have another Rougned on the roster seems pretty slim to me.  Unless maybe he has a kid and names him Rougned Jr. and he somehow ends up on the Orioles.

I think the same goes for some guys with odd names like Chance.

From the hall-of-shame list I would also nominate:
Albert
Rafael
Sidney

That’s Sir Sidney to you, peasant. 😉

• Haha 1