Wells starting tonight

eddie83

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The why doesn't Lyles go on the IL or is Wells getting activated with Lyles go on the IL? Orioles need a healthy pitcher in place of Lyles if he's going to be out for a week or longer. 

Probably because he only needs to be out 6 or 7 days and they want him starting as soon as possible.

I don't think Kremer is unavailable. Looks to me like they think wells is a better option to start, go 2 3 innings then Kremer comes in to hopefully finish it out.

I might have gone Kremer Wells instead but whatever. 

Bottom line offense needs to keep being productive against Manoa to have a chance.

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Probably because he only needs to be out 6 or 7 days and they want him starting as soon as possible.

Ok if it's just a one week absence then I get it, but Lyles last pitched August 31st and if he's not pitching this weekend then a short stint to the 10-Day IL makes sense. 

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

2 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

I don't think Kremer is unavailable. Looks to me like they think wells is a better option to start, go 2 3 innings then Kremer comes in to hopefully finish it out.

I might have gone Kremer Wells instead but whatever. 

Bottom line offense needs to keep being productive against Manoa to have a chance.

It’s a different routine starting vs relieving. I’m guessing the injury to Wells and how they are bringing him back makes a difference here.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Ok if it's just a one week absence then I get it, but Lyles last pitched August 31st and if he's not pitching this weekend then a short sting to the 10-Day IL makes sense. 

Well, if they are able to retroactive it back to that date, I would agree with IL’ing him if he’s unavailable through the weekend.

He should be able to come right back off early next week.