Anyone here going to either game in DC this week?

ChuckS

Really low demand as is evident by the below market prices on stubhub.  

I'm going to tonight's game with my wife and considering the all-inclusive diamond club (open bar and gourmet buffet).  I believe those tickets run in the $300 range (face) normally.  There are some available for $100 on stubhub. You can also get really good field box seats in the $30-$40 range.  Kids are back in school and the Nats are terrible.  So I'd recommend taking advantage of the buyers market if you are in the DC area or even closer to Baltimore and can stomach the drive. 

Edited by ChuckS
  • Upvote 1

I'll be there tomorrow.   A Nats fan friend and I pick about 6-8 games before the season and we buy a pair of tickets.   This is ourlast one.  Cheap seats, which we rarely ever sit in.   We typically  watch the game from the standup bars behind the back of the lower seating area, either behind 1B/RF line or 3B/LF line.   And once it gets to the 5th or 6th inning and we are tired of standing we scope out some unoccupied seats in a half decent section down one of the lines where the ushers don't seem to be enforcing things and sit there for the rest of the game.   I think we had 8 games this year and the entire package including ticket fees came to just around $200 each.   I don't think we've sat in our actual seats (usually that 3rd deck in RF) in a couple years.

I'll take the Metro from Greenbelt.   He comes in from Arlington.   We usually hit a bar or restaurant in teh area before the game.

• Upvote 2

I'm considering going either tonight or tomorrow, but Metro is a no go on my side of the river right now (Blue line shutdown in Alexandria) so it's either drive in or Uber, and that makes it far less appealing as I can walk to the Metro station from my house. I'll probably still go but just complain about the extra money I'm spending to get there.

Edit: I will say I went to almost every O's/Nats series back in the days when you could bring backpacks in because I have to take my work laptop home with me, and I work in downtown DC, so now I have to go home, take all my crap back and drop it off, and then turn around and go back into the city so it's a real detriment and has significantly decreased my attendance at Nats games.

Edited by CharmCityHokie

18 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

How much is it?

Gameday and you want to be close enough to not hike a mile, you're starting around $25 for an open lot. More for a garage. Not that it really matters, I swear garages are more prone for frequent break-ins these days than the open-lots.

Edited by CharmCityHokie

25 minutes ago, CharmCityHokie said:

Gameday and you want to be close enough to not hike a mile, you're starting around $25 for an open lot. More for a garage. Not that it really matters, I swear garages are more prone for frequent break-ins these days than the open-lots.

Isn't there a place to park somewhere along the Metro line and then just get off at Navy Yard or wherever is the closest station? It's been awhile since I've gone. I remember once about 15 years ago, a girlfriend of mine and I (way before I got married) parked under an overpass for pretty cheap and then then snuck into a nearby Holiday Inn pool to cool off after the game.

Ah, the things I did in my mid 40s. 

Edited by NashLumber

2 hours ago, NashLumber said:

Isn't there a place to park somewhere along the Metro line and then just get off at Navy Yard or wherever is the closest station? It's been awhile since I've gone. I remember once about 15 years ago, a girlfriend of mine and I (way before I got married) parked under an overpass for pretty cheap and then then snuck into a nearby Holiday Inn pool to cool off after the game.

Ah, the things I did in my mid 40s. 

Could park at Pentagon City Mall or the Crystal City garages and metro in if you want to save a few bucks.

I live in NW DC off the yellow/green line so it’s an easy commute in for me. 

Crowd is a little better than I expected. Maybe 30 percent O’s fans. Would be a lot more if this was a weekend series. 

Edited by ChuckS
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Could park at Pentagon City Mall or the Crystal City garages and metro in if you want to save a few bucks.

I live in NW DC off the yellow/green line so it’s an easy commute in for me. 

Crowd is a little better than I expected. Maybe 30 percent O’s fans. Would be a lot more if this was a weekend series. 

I've been maybe a half dozen times to Nats Park since opening year. I think I took the Metro about four of those trips (staying at friend's house). Far easier overall I found. 

Edited by NashLumber