Friday Night Sept 16: O's start huge series in Toronto, tonight exclusively on AppleTV

SteveA

13 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It's like they all drank a pot of coffee before the broadcast and are wired out of their minds. 

Data-drowned, over-exerted voices all competing to get air time over each other.

What was that weird "Pouhp!" from Newman?

• Upvote 1

So, after Biggio is hit by the pitch, Chris Young incorrectly states that the batter does not need to move out of the way because he has the right to “hold his ground.”  However, the rule is:

“(1) A batter must attempt to avoid being hit by the pitch. If he does not attempt to avoid being hit by the pitch then:

a) If the ball is outside the strike zone when it touches the batter, the ball is dead, it shall be called a ball and the batter is not awarded first base.
b) If the ball is inside the strike zone when it touches the batter, the ball is dead, it shall be called a strike and the batter is not awarded first base.”

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I started listening to music to drown out the sounds of the announcers. I must have missed that one. 

I've heard it a few times. I backed it up and realize it's the ump calling a strike. She was speaking when it happened most prominently. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LA2 said:

A sign of times to come: offense tonight supplied completely by the two future stars.

A former co-worker of mine picked up Adley and Gunnar both at my suggestion (fantasy baseball).  He's in the playoffs.

Shame we don't work together anymore, I'd be able to score a lunch out of it.

Oh, and it's a dynasty league. 

• Upvote 1