Struck out. All weekend.

Moose Milligan

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yes.  Not only did we keep him in the park this series but he missed out on a 3 homer game earlier this year.  I like to think that we've really ****ed with his chances of getting to 62.  

I hope the Rangers don't give it up this week, either.

MLB will probably make an exception to include any HRs he hits during the playoffs to count toward the season's total.  🙄

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Judge is overrated. He is playing in a fastball-crazy era in matchbox ballparks. Does anyone seriously that he is a better slugger than Babe Ruth because he hit more homers in a season?

You don't think pitchers in the 1920s threw lots of fastballs? Most of them only had a fastball and a curve. Ruth saw tons of fastballs, most of them not nearly as fast as today's, and he played in a park that was 295' down the RF line (and I won't even get into the segregation era limiting the pool of pitchers that Ruth faced). Drop Judge into 1927 and he might hit 80. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ripken said:

He had a 4 walk game in Toronto the series before ours.  

article_full@2x.jpg

There didn't seem to be much media outrage about the Jays walking Judge so many times. That only started when the O's came to town.

35 minutes ago, byrdz said:

Bradish mocking his check swing was also hilarious and I’m glad he didn’t get tossed for it. 

Ben is without a doubt my favorite broadcaster. Already was but now he’s leveled up to hero mode. 😆

Bradish's check swing was one of the funniest moments of the season. And yes, Ben is great. He has significantly improved over the past few years.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

The funniest thing about this is that he's struck out 173 times and the baseball illiterate Yankee fans think that he's getting nothing to swing at.

This pales in comparison to when Bonds was roided up and getting, one, maybe two pitches per game to hit and literally NOT MISSING.  Bonds in 2004 walked 232 times, 120 of which were intentional and still managed to hit 45 homers.  That guy hardly got ANYTHING to hit.  

Judge has had plenty to hit, he's just whiffed on a lot of ****.

232 walks is just absurd, totally bonkers, other-worldly. But perhaps even more insane, is walking 177 times and still hitting 73 homers. 

Roids or no roids, that's impressive. 

• Upvote 1

Sorry guys, haven't been able to post because I'm hungover, after getting hammered drunk on Yankee fan's tears after yesterday's game.

And screw the media for this moaning and groaning.  The K's don't lie.  We walked him 5 times in three games yes, but also K'd him 5 or even 6 times I think it was?  If 6 that's almost half his AB's for the series.  That's more than enough evidence of coming after him - they just did a good job of pitching to the corner.  Didn't realize we were supposed to tee up pitches for this guy else get ostracized.  Screw those guys and anyone else who wants to call out O's pitching for DOING THEIR JOB.  And don't even get me started on the fans in the stands, the absolute worst.  Their tears were all the sweeter though.

Pitch around Guerrero and Bichette while you're at it this week, pitchers.  Those guys have crushed us most of the season (Bichette) and/or their entire career (Guerrero) and I think we've all seen enough out of them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Uli2001 said:

Judge is overrated. He is playing in a fastball-crazy era in matchbox ballparks. Does anyone seriously that he is a better slugger than Babe Ruth because he hit more homers in a season?

He’s not overrated, and nobody thinks he’s a better slugger than Ruth because he hit more homers in one season.  They didn’t think Maris was, either.  But Judge is a better slugger than Maris.  

Edited by Frobby

6 hours ago, deward said:

You don't think pitchers in the 1920s threw lots of fastballs? Most of them only had a fastball and a curve. Ruth saw tons of fastballs, most of them not nearly as fast as today's, and he played in a park that was 295' down the RF line (and I won't even get into the segregation era limiting the pool of pitchers that Ruth faced). Drop Judge into 1927 and he might hit 80. 

Also take way Judge's training since he was a kid. Make Judge have to find a job to be able to pay the bills. Take away the analytics, weight training, dieticians, etc... Point being is every era is different. Hard to compare them. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, dystopia said:

232 walks is just absurd, totally bonkers, other-worldly. But perhaps even more insane, is walking 177 times and still hitting 73 homers. 

Roids or no roids, that's impressive. 

Yeah, I don’t think too highly of the NL home run list because those numbers came from an era with absurd numbers, but there’s no question Bonds is one of the best to ever do it. He was elite every year from 1990 to 2007 and his dominance only ended at age 43 because he got blackballed.

On 10/2/2022 at 12:43 PM, 86this said:

Our boy Ben McDonald is getting pelted by YES post game announcers and their fans.

Go Ben! I'd like to know what Curry felt after seeing the third game. Did Bradish and Baker man up enough for him?

I think the O’s handled Judge just right.   He had a .681 OPS in the three games, scored one run and had zero RBI.  I’d love for us to hold him to that every series we play against him, whether or not he’s in a home run chase.   His overall line against us this year (including these games) was .369/.468/.846, 18 runs, 9 homers, 19 RBI.   We’d be crazy not to pitch him extremely carefully.   We should’ve pitched him more like this the entire season.  

11 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Also take way Judge's training since he was a kid. Make Judge have to find a job to be able to pay the bills. Take away the analytics, weight training, dieticians, etc... Point being is every era is different. Hard to compare them. 

Of course. I'm just pointing out that saying Judge is benefiting from fastballs and small parks, as compared to Ruth, doesn't make any sense.