Any Interesting Non-Tenders

Bahama O's Fan

7 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Any chance the Orioles look at Erick Fedde? The Nats non-tendering him and the O's were able to fix another ex-Nat in Austin Voth.  

That’s interesting. Fedde has always struck me as a guy who has some talent. I can’t see giving him more than a minor league deal though.  

Re: Bellinger, I don't feel like this team has the time/luxury to give him 2 months of ABs to see if they can fix him. That's a lot of potentially wasted time that you could be giving to either a free agent who is good right now or a prospect. 

It will be two weeks before we fans get restless and frustrated with Hyde putting him in the lineup. Who wants that to start the season?

Ideally we need a RH bat for 1B, DH, or OF. However, I don’t see us winning a bidding war for Abreu, and the options of Mancini, Candeleiro, etc…, just are not as attractive as Bellinger or Voit. Of course, that’s with thinking we’re talking 1 year deals. If we’re absolutely getting crushed by LHP then we can get a rental RH bat at the deadline. 

Yarborough, And Alex Sanchez, make a lot of sense. 

15 hours ago, orioles119 said:

Alfaro has flexibility to play C and OF and his bat plays in short spurts.  I would pursue him 

Ya, we should be all over Jorge Alfaro as our backup catcher. He put up .773 OPS against LH pitchers, and an .842 OPS on the road. Not sure about his defensive metrics, but certainly fills our needs offensively. 

Edited by ShoelesJoe

Clubs being ruthless on the world's Anderson's and Candelario's really invites you to think about the Orioles "four" years of Club control remaining on Ramon Urias.

Kind of like finding Trey a winning club for fall 2022 became a kindness for me (good job Elias for finding a nice return), finding a Club where Ramon Urias gets a clean shot at full-time run feels like a solid thing to try and do for a contributor.

Its pleasant to control it seems honestly 2 of the Top 30 options for the 3B position next year.

1 hour ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Ya, we should be all over Jorge Alfaro as our backup catcher. He put up .773 OPS against LH pitchers, and an .842 OPS on the road. Not sure about his defensive metrics, but certainly fills our needs offensively. 

I know he has a solid arm.  No clue about framing.

19 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

I know he has a solid arm.  No clue about framing.

All over the place defensively.  Negative last year in dWAR, but has been 8.1 and 20.5 positive in dWAR in past years.  Projected for positive 2.2 dWAR and -5.2 oWAR by fangraphs

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/jorge-alfaro/12180/stats?position=C