So...uh, when does free agency start?

Bahama O's Fan

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

How are they going to keep him at 35-40 IP in the first half?

Keep him in the minors?  Put him in the bullpen?  Make him an opener? 

I don't think any of those are good for his development.

Bullpen. Like they did with Bundy in 16. 

What else are they going to do? Shut him down in August? 

22 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Posted 3 …I know you’d complain about this one.The other has like 2500

2,500 is not a lot. At all. If you were going to set a number of followers for a reputable source it would be a far higher number.

And again, did you actually read that person’s bio? They are a graphic designer. And an aspiring one at that.

I’m just a lurker on these forums but I’m really starting to hope that you’re just some sort of troll or something. You really can’t be serious with this stuff.

Edited by dzorange
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, dzorange said:

2,500 is not a lot. At all. If you were going to set a number of followers for a reputable source it would be a far higher number.

And again, did you actually read that person’s bio? They are a graphic designer. And an aspiring one at that.

I’m just a lurker on these forums but I’m really starting to hope that you’re just some sort of troll or something. You really can’t be serious with this stuff.

So … we can post and as directed in the insiders thread. Take it with a grain of salt. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I highly doubt it.

But it's what I would do, as a general guideline of course.

Then again we don't even know if he can hold his stuff over 90 pitches so it might be moot.

I don’t see them pushing him past 5 innings very often. At least not this year. 

It’s a real shame we can’t or will not ever get back to what we had in the 80’s, even the 90’s. It would be good for the sport for SP to go longer but it looks like unless massive changes happen that ship has sailed. 

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I don’t see them pushing him past 5 innings very often. At least not this year. 

It’s a real shame we can’t or will not ever get back to what we had in the 80’s, even the 90’s. It would be good for the sport for SP to go longer but it looks like unless massive changes happen that ship has sailed. 

I accept that it just doesn't make sense to have pitchers go deep.  I'm a firm believer in the TTTTOP.  But there is no reason he can't pitch a normal amount of innings if his quality of pitching warrants it.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I accept that it just doesn't make sense to have pitchers go deep.  I'm a firm believer in the TTTTOP.  But there is no reason he can't pitch a normal amount of innings if his quality of pitching warrants it.

I hear you.

In general I think the sport was better when you had starters go deeper into games. Now we get 7 innings here and there and it’s a big deal.  It’s fun to see a starter try to finish a close game off. We still have great starters in the sport but it’s not like the old days. The industry has mastered the art of finding and developing hard throwers. I understand it all from a strategic standpoint. I just liked it better back then.