Orioles sign Adam Frazier

eddie83

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

God this is stupid. Signing a middle infielder for 8 million with Gunnar, Urias, Mateo and Westburg and Ortiz on the horizon is so dumb. 

18 million for Gibson and Frazier, could have just spent it on Bassitt or Walker. Unreal. 

But think about the prospects we’ll get for Gibson and Frazier at the trade deadline. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

God this is stupid. Signing a middle infielder for 8 million with Gunnar, Urias, Mateo and Westburg and Ortiz on the horizon is so dumb. 

18 million for Gibson and Frazier, could have just spent it on Bassitt or Walker. Unreal. 

Quintana got 2/$25 million IIRC. Even factoring in needing to put in a bid higher than that to get him to come here instead of the Mets, say 2/$29 million, that $18 million still would have covered well over half of a two year deal for him.

I would have much rather had Quintana and Westburg on the opening day roster than Gibson and Frazier. Oh well.

• Upvote 2

I’m starting to have serious concerns about Elias’s ability to assemble a ML roster. Bringing in Aguilar last year as offensive help. Signing Frazier this year. I’m willing to overlook the questionable signings made before we were good enough to compete, because he was just tanking. However, without a flood of other moves, this doesn’t make any sense to me. 

I hate this signing.  Not good enough to help the team improve and too expensive to cut and walk away from when he sucks.   Unless a trade happens to remove some of the at bats from guys he'll be taking them from (Urias, Westburg, etc) this appears to be a dumb signing.

My question is, can he turn the double play like Odor?! 

In all seriousness, I see no justifiable way to take Frazier at $8MM over Odor at $1M.  This is crazy.  Frazier is going to be the highest paid position player on the team, and besides Hays, he'll probably be the least valuable regular in 2023.  Maybe Mountcastle.

• Upvote 1

Just now, baltimoriole said:

My question is, can he turn the double play like Odor?! 

In all seriousness, I see no justifiable way to take Frazier at $8MM over Odor at $1M.  This is crazy.  Frazier is going to be the highest paid position player on the team, and besides Hays, he'll probably be the least valuable regular in 2023.  Maybe Mountcastle.

Geez my boy Mountcastle sure catches a lot of strays.

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

If they can spend 18 this year there’s no reason they can’t spend another 18 next year. 

Oh, we will, don't worry.  Rather than add quality though it'll be more players of the Lyles/Odor and Gibson/Frazier variety.  Because we're stupid.

• Upvote 1