Dodgers Actively Looking for CF to Replace Bellinger…..Would you trade Mullins?

Roll Tide

34 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

Per this website, Gonsolin's trade value is considerably higher than Mullins, MIller's is a little higher, and May's is basically the same. 

Hay's trade value is just bit below Stone's and same with Urias and Pepiot. 

I guess the question would be if the Dodgers viewed Hays as an upgrade over Trayce Thompson. He's been a surprisingly good OBP guy these last few years. (albeit in a relatively small sample size). 

He has 2 more years of control and has his Blossom was this year instead of last. The 2 years of control are worth 7-8 war at 8 million per.  

I'll preface this post by asking you to read the entire post before passing judgement or commenting. 

May and Bauer for Mullins with the Dodgers eating all of Bauer's money. They're going to cut him anyway. 

Bauer has not been convicted (that I am aware but please do correct me if he has been convicted) of a crime and I realize the potential PR hit by employing a person who some perceive as a sexual deviant but if you want to win and you can strike a deal that makes your club noticeably/appreciably better... it could be a deal like this. Bauer, May, GrayRod, Gibson, Bradish, Kremer, Wells and eventually Means give you eight guys that you can run out there and interchange in an opener/starter/piggyback role. 

Imagine a September rotation that includes Bauer, Means, GrayRod, May and Gibson. I mean, seriously.. A trade like that could move the Orioles rotation from impoverished to one of the best in all of baseball. 

I know that it might be an unpopular opinion but I don't think that any of us should form an opinion of someone and what they do behind closed doors. Two consenting adults should be allowed to conduct themselves in private however they choose. Bauer being a high profile athlete, should probably be smarter in his private life than what he has demonstrated but I personally feel that he is entitled to be whoever he wants to be and do whatever he wants to do so long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others to do the same for themselves. If he has crossed that line from frowned upon sexual activity to legitimate assault then I don't think there is a place for him in such a public role (not just with the O's but in his profession/celebrity in general). As far as I have read he has done nothing illegal or that wasn't agreed upon by the women with whom he engaged in the activities. To me, the notes read like they agreed to a thing, he might have gotten caught up in the moment during said activities and/or due to his profile, he is being chastised. If that's the truth, personally I do not think that is fair. 

Again, if it is more than sexual deviance and he legitimately hurt an unwilling participant then he should never be allowed back in the public eye. There is no place for domestic violence in any form or setting. 

The Dodgers won't do that deal though. I would. I would pack Mullins's bags and drive him to the airport myself. 

That rotation could be bananas though and plenty of interchangable pieces to limit innings for guys like May, Means and GrayRod. A healthy rotation of Bauer, Means, May, GrayRod and Gibson (or Kremer or Bradish or Wells) could be as good as any rotation in all of baseball. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, banks703 said:

I'll preface this post by asking you to read the entire post before passing judgement or commenting. 

May and Bauer for Mullins with the Dodgers eating all of Bauer's money. They're going to cut him anyway. 

Bauer has not been convicted (that I am aware but please do correct me if he has been convicted) of a crime and I realize the potential PR hit by employing a person who some perceive as a sexual deviant but if you want to win and you can strike a deal that makes your club noticeably/appreciably better... it could be a deal like this. Bauer, May, GrayRod, Gibson, Bradish, Kremer, Wells and eventually Means give you eight guys that you can run out there and interchange in an opener/starter/piggyback role. 

Imagine a September rotation that includes Bauer, Means, GrayRod, May and Gibson. I mean, seriously.. A trade like that could move the Orioles rotation from impoverished to one of the best in all of baseball. 

I know that it might be an unpopular opinion but I don't think that any of us should form an opinion of someone and what they do behind closed doors. Two consenting adults should be allowed to conduct themselves in private however they choose. Bauer being a high profile athlete, should probably be smarter in his private life than what he has demonstrated but I personally feel that he is entitled to be whoever he wants to be and do whatever he wants to do so long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others to do the same for themselves. If he has crossed that line from frowned upon sexual activity to legitimate assault then I don't think there is a place for him in such a public role (not just with the O's but in his profession/celebrity in general). As far as I have read he has done nothing illegal or that wasn't agreed upon by the women with whom he engaged in the activities. To me, the notes read like they agreed to a thing, he might have gotten caught up in the moment during said activities and/or due to his profile, he is being chastised. If that's the truth, personally I do not think that is fair. 

Again, if it is more than sexual deviance and he legitimately hurt an unwilling participant then he should never be allowed back in the public eye. There is no place for domestic violence in any form or setting. 

The Dodgers won't do that deal though. I would. I would pack Mullins's bags and drive him to the airport myself. 

That rotation could be bananas though and plenty of interchangable pieces to limit innings for guys like May, Means and GrayRod. A healthy rotation of Bauer, Means, May, GrayRod and Gibson (or Kremer or Bradish or Wells) could be as good as any rotation in all of baseball. 

With all due respect, I don't want the stink of Trevor Bauer (convicted or not) anywhere near this franchise. And please don't try to continue to paint him as a martyr. It's not a good look. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

With all due respect, I don't want the stink of Trevor Bauer (convicted or not) anywhere near this franchise. And please don't try to continue to paint him as a martyr. It's not a good look. 

Says who? I am neither defending nor condoning someone's actions if they resulted in harm to another. 

If you and I agree to a slap contest (we trade slaps to each other's face until one of us quits) but then I go and file assault charges against you.. is that fair?

5 minutes ago, banks703 said:

Says who? I am neither defending nor condoning someone's actions if they resulted in harm to another. 

If you and I agree to a slap contest (we trade slaps to each other's face until one of us quits) but then I go and file assault charges against you.. is that fair?

If you and I agree to a slap contest, I fall unconscious and you continue to slap me...is that fair?

And with that I'm out.

• Upvote 1

And just for perspective.. The Rays and Jays are rumored to be a landing spot for Bauer when he's released from the Dodgers. 

Again, if the guy did something that crossed an agreed upon line then he deserves to be outcast.

Objectively, a move to acquire him in a trade package that included May AND the Dodgers eat Bauer's money, would make the Orioles at least a post-season contender. 

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If you and I agree to a slap contest, I fall unconscious and you continue to slap me...is that fair?

And with that I'm out.

If you told me that you wanted me to hurt you and to slap you unconscious ... then sure, it's fair by definition of the agreement. 

I noticed that you conveniently left out that part so as a way to make your point then bounce. 

It's obviously not as simple as this but read that case. Frobby is a litigator. Perhaps he has some input on the case details. 

2 minutes ago, SilverRocket said:

I just do not understand why so many people here are open to trading Mullins, especially with Nimmo off the board. Hays is not a CF anymore and the chances are low that Cowser can fill in immediately. For a bunch of fans that are unhappy with question marks in the rotation, this should be worse.

Hays then Mullins probably for my current favorite Orioles players. Then probably Urias then Mateo so I do not openly advocate moving Mullins. 

But a deal for May straight up (Dodgers wouldn't do) I would and if you could get a Bauer and keep him from your direct competition, do it. 

36 minutes ago, banks703 said:

Really? This isn't defending Trevor Bauer? You clearly had an agenda and were trying to stir the pot when you posted this, or you wouldn't have included this paragraph. And this is just a thought, but maybe the benchmark for morality should be just a bit higher than whether or not something is illegal. And with that, like @Can_of_corn I am also officially out on this topic. 

I know that it might be an unpopular opinion but I don't think that any of us should form an opinion of someone and what they do behind closed doors. Two consenting adults should be allowed to conduct themselves in private however they choose. Bauer being a high profile athlete, should probably be smarter in his private life than what he has demonstrated but I personally feel that he is entitled to be whoever he wants to be and do whatever he wants to do so long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others to do the same for themselves. If he has crossed that line from frowned upon sexual activity to legitimate assault then I don't think there is a place for him in such a public role (not just with the O's but in his profession/celebrity in general). As far as I have read he has done nothing illegal or that wasn't agreed upon by the women with whom he engaged in the activities. To me, the notes read like they agreed to a thing, he might have gotten caught up in the moment during said activities and/or due to his profile, he is being chastised. If that's the truth, personally I do not think that is fair. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, SilverRocket said:

I just do not understand why so many people here are open to trading Mullins, especially with Nimmo off the board. Hays is not a CF anymore and the chances are low that Cowser can fill in immediately. For a bunch of fans that are unhappy with question marks in the rotation, this should be worse.

Mullins is entering his ARB years, and while he has 4 years of control left. You have Hays who plays a decent enough CF. There are also a significant number of OF players on the Orioles Farm Conveyor Belt. They include the newly arrived Stowers.. the soon to arrive Cowser... the significantly under-rated Haskin....  and a serious glut of 2 year horizon talent in Kjerstad, Fabian and Beavers.  And those are just the obvious ones.

Mullin had a great '21.

He backed it up with a pretty good '22.

But if you can get a solid MLB starter for that... you do it. If you can get 2 solid starters about to graduate AAA, you do that too. You do it because you need the arms...