Johnny Cueto ….Would you do 2 years for $11 million per ?

Roll Tide

2 years for $22 million ($11 million per)….Would you ?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. 2 years for $22 million ($11 million per)….Would you ?

49 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I would, yes, bit the question is will Elias? 11 mil per year is a drop in the bucket in today's MLB but we act like it's 110 million.  

Elias could have targeted a better pitcher by combing Gibson's and Frazier's contracts. The O's system is loaded with middle infield depth that isn't that much worse or perhaps even better than the numbers Frazier is going to put up in 2023. 

Elias has done a good job at building up the farm system, but some of his MLB roster transaction have me scratching my head trying to understand his logic. 

9 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Elias could have targeted a better pitcher by combing Gibson's and Frazier's contracts. The O's system is loaded with middle infield depth that isn't that much worse or perhaps even better than the numbers Frazier is going to put up in 2023. 

Elias has done a good job at building up the farm system, but some of his MLB roster transaction have me scratching my head trying to understand his logic. 

Agreed …. Maybe he is a good MILB director but not a GM

19 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The fact they signed Gibson so fast makes me think they see a lot of upside in him and reason why they went hard after him.  I think they feel they can get better results out of him then they could with most of the other guys in that tier.  We will have to see if this becomes true or not.  Remember when they signed Morton it was early in free agency and gave him more money then other people thought he should get there was a lot of critics.  In the end the Astros gambled and they were right making his deal look like a steal.  If we had signed Gibson today then we could say well they just wouldn’t spend the money and he was all there was left, however they signed him early which tells me he was guy they really liked and someone they think they can get better results then other people and fans think.

• Upvote 1

Just now, bpilktree said:

The fact they signed Gibson so fast makes me think they see a lot of upside in him and reason why they went hard after him.  I think they feel they can get better results out of him then they could with most of the other guys in that tier.  We will have to see if this becomes true or not.  Remember when they signed Morton it was early in free agency and gave him more money then other people thought he should get there was a lot of critics.  In the end the Astros gambled and they were right making his deal look like a steal.  If we had signed Gibson today then we could say well they just wouldn’t spend the money and he was all there was left, however they signed him early which tells me he was guy they really liked and someone they think they can get better results then other people and fans think.

I think they signed Gibson so fast was because he had a similar offer from the Jays in hand.

They also singed Lyles early last year and while he exceeded my expectations how he performed was within expected outcomes.

I voted yes--2 years $22 million is a bargain for a crafty veteran who pitched over 150 innings effectively last season.  

But I've noticed recently that every time OH turns its attention to another free agent starter, it's virtually a lock that he will be signed very soon by another team.   If we actually want the O's to sign someone, we'd be better off not starting a thread about him.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

I voted yes--2 years $22 million is a bargain for a crafty veteran who pitched over 150 innings effectively last season.  

But I've noticed recently that every time OH turns its attention to another free agent starter, it's virtually a lock that he will be signed very soon by another team.   If we actually want the O's to sign someone, we'd be better off not starting a thread about him.  

If someone starts a thread about this stud, you think he will be signed quickly by another team (MLB)?