A different offseason game…if you could bring back one non-HOF Oriole for the 2023 O’s, who would it be?

Frobby

Just now, 24fps said:

Bobby Grich from the mid '70's for me.  A 1979 vintage Mike Flannagan might be just the antidote for the disappointment of this off season.

I really appreciated Grich but was shocked at the value attibuted to him in those years-such a valuable player, wish he had stayed instead of going home to LA.

• Upvote 1

It would have to be a pitcher of sorts.  I'm probably going Mussina and I'm not sure if that's allowed per @Frobby's rules since he is a Hall of Famer but not in there as an Oriole.  Or a Yankee for that matter.

But if I can't go with Mussina,@24fpssaid '79 Flanagan, that would be a good addition for sure.  But I'm going with the '69-'72 era Mike Cuellar. Great pitcher, a lefty, can pitch a lot of innings and would be cool to have a guy nicknamed Crazy Horse on the team.

A runner up would be Gregg Olson.  Not because our bullpen is in need but from a selfish perspective I want to see that curveball again.

Edited by Moose Milligan

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

There are lots of Halls of Fame that Frank Robinson and Jim Palmer are not a part of.  In fact, I would suspect that there are more Halls of Fame that they're NOT in than Halls of Fame that they ARE in.  

Both were very good at basketball.  Maybe they’re in some local BB HoF’s.