Adley Rutschman 2023

SilverRocket

How many WAR will Adley Rutschman get in 2023?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. How many WAR will Adley Rutschman get in 2023?

29 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

He is having his best month of the season in September without any change in usage. This whole worn down/tired/overused narrative needs to stop. .917 OPS is not the output of an exhausted player.

I didn’t say he was physically exhausted and needed to be rested. I just meant that he appears to be an analytical guy so the game becomes more about the mental hurtles for someone like him, especially with the extra work needed to call games.

I expected Adley to have a year like he is. Maybe the final stats don’t blow you away but in my mind he is the most valuable player because he just has that it factor. Some guys are just winners.

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

How many days off did he have the first 2-3 months of the season?

They have most certainly changed his usage.

How so? He started 27 of 28 in Mar/Apr, 25 of 28 in May, 22 of 24 in June, 23 of 26 in July, 26 of 27 in August, 21 of 23 in Sept. 1-3 games off each month with the most usage in April and August. 

Maybe there is some change I'm not seeing but that is tangential to my main point.

7 minutes ago, turtlebowl said:

I didn’t say he was physically exhausted and needed to be rested. I just meant that he appears to be an analytical guy so the game becomes more about the mental hurtles for someone like him, especially with the extra work needed to call games.

I expected Adley to have a year like he is. Maybe the final stats don’t blow you away but in my mind he is the most valuable player because he just has that it factor. Some guys are just winners.

OK, I think I misread the intent of your first sentence there ("I think he could be mentally exhausted as physically exhausted..."). I agree he can make huge contributions even when his offense is down. That said, I don't think it is particularly useful to get into the psychology or body language. The results speak for themselves and he is having an outstanding month. 

21 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Why not?  

Cause it's weird.  I dunno, I really don't care who's wrong and who's right around here because no one bats 1.000 either way.  But to victory lap and rub people's faces in it when they're wrong is odd to me, even the louder voices like SG (who's does bat 1.000, just ask him).  

But, like @Malike said, you do you.  

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Cause it's weird.  I dunno, I really don't care who's wrong and who's right around here because no one bats 1.000 either way.  But to victory lap and rub people's faces in it when they're wrong is odd to me, even the louder voices like SG (who's does bat 1.000, just ask him).  

We hear the whole "Adley is being run into the ground" thing every week it seems like so can't really blame him for calling it out.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dystopia said:

We hear the whole "Adley is being run into the ground" thing every week it seems like so can't really blame him for calling it out.

Sure, but people are searching for answers as to why Adley wasn't as good this year as he was last year.  Citing that he's played a lot, it's not unreasonable for people to leap to the conclusion that he's tired.  It's not a Grand Canyon sized leap in logic.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Sure, but people are searching for answers as to why Adley wasn't as good this year as he was last year.  Citing that he's played a lot, it's not unreasonable for people to leap to the conclusion that he's tired.  It's not a Grand Canyon sized leap in logic.  

Baseball isn't always predictable and sophomore slumps are common. Not everything needs an explanation despite the human desire to want one.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It’s nice to know don’t care who’s right or wrong.  I’ll remember that next time I see one of posts calling out a whole group for being “wrong”.   I did not use anyone as an example for being on the other side of the Adley argument until Corn decided I must be calling him out (he wasn’t mentioned) and said those comments were from months ago.   

No one likes a hypocrite but you just keep being you.

• Haha 1

Just now, RZNJ said:

It’s nice to know don’t care who’s right or wrong.  I’ll remember that next time I see one of posts calling out a whole group for being “wrong”.   I did not use anyone as an example for being on the other side of the Adley argument until Corn decided I must be calling him out (he wasn’t mentioned) and said those comments were from months ago.   

No one likes a hypocrite but you just keep being you.

That wasn't it actually.

I haven't been paying quite as much attention to the board as I normally do and didn't realize that those other comments had been made.

I was just fixated on the first half.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

The victory lap is petty and poor sportsmanship for sure. I love it!