Adam Frazier 2023

Frobby

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Okay, now we have a projected distance of 352.  Quite a bit different than 311.  A home run in 3 other parks. BUT it hit the pole.   I would guess there is not even one ball park that is greater than 351 down the line.  This must have something to do with angles and geometry.  lol

That's quite a standard deviation in the projection models!

I do like the bat to ball skills. So far, I think his defense looks a little average, maybe a tick below and he’s certainly not a burner on the basepaths. 

He’s not nearly as bad as I thought he’d be and I don’t cringe when he comes up in key situations.  The season is still young and he’s had a handful of big moments. 

I’m not saying he’s great but he’s more in the positive column as a contributor than the negative one for me. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I do like the bat to ball skills. So far, I think his defense looks a little average, maybe a tick below and he’s certainly not a burner on the basepaths. 

He’s not nearly as bad as I thought he’d be and I don’t cringe when he comes up in key situations.  The season is still young and he’s had a handful of big moments. 

I’m not saying he’s great but he’s more in the positive column as a contributor than the negative one for me. 

The contact rates are a nice addition to any lineup, especially in todays game.

I would still bet on him being a sub 700 OPS guy for the entire season and I still don’t think any amount of production makes it a good signing.

But since he is here, I like the contact rates and I agree that he’s a good guy to have up in important situations because you figure he will give you a good at bat and make contact.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Okay, now we have a projected distance of 352.  Quite a bit different than 311.  A home run in 3 other parks. BUT it hit the pole.   I would guess there is not even one ball park that is greater than 351 down the line.  This must have something to do with angles and geometry.  lol

The only possible way this can make sense is a calculation that the ball would have sliced foul in the other 27 parks. With Camden Yards being 318 down the line as opposed to 314 in Yankee Stadium, it seems a bit of a stretch to say it would have been foul there. As you say, 352 would clear just about any right field fence.

• Upvote 1

Just now, HelenaEngineer said:

The only possible way this can make sense is a calculation that the ball would have sliced foul in the other 27 parks. With Camden Yards being 318 down the line as opposed to 314 in Yankee Stadium, it seems a bit of a stretch to say it would have been foul there. As you say, 352 would clear just about any right field fence.

Unless it isn't actually 314 down the line.

4 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

The contact rates are a nice addition to any lineup, especially in todays game.

I would still bet on him being a sub 700 OPS guy for the entire season and I still don’t think any amount of production makes it a good signing.

But since he is here, I like the contact rates and I agree that he’s a good guy to have up in important situations because you figure he will give you a good at bat and make contact.  

I think he can be around .725. But wouldn’t be surprising if he was under .700. 

Frazier's defense is debatable, but one thing I think should be acknowledged is how well he tracks short pop ups into RF.  You could see why his outfield defense plays up.  He's like the opposite of Mountcastle when it comes to tracking balls in flight.

6 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Frazier's defense is debatable, but one thing I think should be acknowledged is how well he tracks short pop ups into RF.  You could see why his outfield defense plays up.  He's like the opposite of Mountcastle when it comes to tracking balls in flight.

You had to dis Mountcastle in order to praise Frazier?   Calling CanofCorn!