Adam Frazier 2023

Frobby

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Probably?

Do you trust the official measurements?  I don't.

Anyway other data came out saying 3 ballparks.

I have no way of knowing or reason, I think, to be suspicious. In any case, it's great to find out that Frazier has such marvelous bat control that he can bend a pulled fly ball to the post (j/k).

Adam Frazier and Kyle Gibson being the stars of this road trip has Elias feeling pretty good I'd imagine. Both have been great signings so far and integral parts of this early success. With Frazier in particular, it's hard to imagine any of the Norfolk bunch would've been an upgrade to this point. Plenty of baseball left. 

22 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea but where that ball was hit is not where the pesky pole is. Where that ball was hit is likely where that wall jets out. It’s gets a lot deeper quickly in that corner.

The foul pole in Yankee stadium is listed at 314.  The foul pole at Fenway is listed at 302.   If it hit the foul pole at 314, I’m pretty comfortable in saying it would have been pretty close to the foul pole in Fenway at the 302 mark unless someone can point out the fallacy in my thinking.

2 minutes ago, LTO's said:

Adam Frazier and Kyle Gibson being the stars of this road trip has Elias feeling pretty good I'd imagine. Both have been great signings so far and integral parts of this early success. With Frazier in particular, it's hard to imagine any of the Norfolk bunch would've been an upgrade to this point. Plenty of baseball left. 

Agreed. Hard to imagine any infielder in the minors at any level outplaying Frazier this season. And Frazier has been the best infielder on the MLB club too. Quite simply, he's the best infielder in the organization.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

The foul pole in Yankee stadium is listed at 314.  The foul pole at Fenway is listed at 302.   If it hit the foul pole at 314, I’m pretty comfortable in saying it would have been pretty close to the foul pole in Fenway at the 302 mark unless someone can point out the fallacy in my thinking.

I think it gets out at Fenway too since like you said, it hit the foul pole. 

1 hour ago, Mr-splash said:

Agreed. Hard to imagine any infielder in the minors at any level outplaying Frazier this season. And Frazier has been the best infielder on the MLB club too. Quite simply, he's the best infielder in the organization.

I do really enjoy watching Frazier's at-bats during this hot streak.  He always seems balanced, and adjusts very well to pitch type, speed, and location; with great bat control.  He's a good complement to other more aggressive hitters in our lineup, and right now I feel better with him up in situations where you need contact.  That being said, it's only 30% of the way through the season so let's not get carried away with the Frazier love just yet.  Let's see where he's at when he cools down; personally I still expect a sub .700 OPS season with mediocre defense.  And don't forget that 94% of MLB hitters hit the ball harder on average than Frazier...that suggests his numbers will come down also.

I assume your last sentence was a joke or an attempt to troll other posters, so I won't address that.  But it's hard to really say if Westburg/Ortiz/Norby would have been able to outplay Frazier this year.  You can't judge Frazier on a hot streak, or judge prospects who haven't been given a chance yet.  Personally, I still would have preferred to save the $8 million and roll with Urias and the prospects at 2B.  Even with the expected rookie adjustment, I doubt there would be a huge dropoff in production over the course of a full year.

• Upvote 2