What the new Oriole scoreboard looks like

Going Underground

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm just here to say that algebra is overrated and not an essential life skill.

Signed,

An English Major.

I think you’d be surprised at how often you use basic Algebra without really thinking about it.  

Signed, 

A Psych/Econ major

The scoreboard in Sarasota is really terrible, BTW.   The OPACY scoreboard is smallish by current standards but it’s readable and pretty clear.  I wouldn’t mind an upgrade but it’s not a major complaint for me.  The Sarasota one is an embarrassment even realizing that it’s a spring training stadium.  The one in Clearwater (Phillies) is a LOT better.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The OPACY scoreboard is smallish by current standards but it’s readable and pretty clear.   

I agree, I don't mind it too much...you know, when I actually go to games.

I don't see how they'd be able to upgrade to something significantly larger without a massive overhaul of the whole installation out there which is such an identifiable part of the stadium.  

15 hours ago, Frobby said:

I just worry that problem gambling is going to skyrocket.   And yeah, I think we can expect more gambling scandals involving players.   

I think we're more likely to see gambling scandals involving umpires. One more reason to implement robo-umps calling the strike zone  ASAP. 

16 hours ago, Pickles said:

As one who works with young adults, I can tell you the consequences are already here.  We have 20 year old who can't read a novel (or read cursive for that matter) or do algebra, but they spend hours analyzing minute pick-em NBA prop bets.

Their brains are being wired to gamble.  Gambling is addictive and the people pushing this- politicians, "business" interests- know that damn well.

Don't watch a lot of Football, but went to a Super Bowl 'first half' Party.  All kids 12y/o who had smart phones had some type of app where they could bet 'with fake money'.  Makes me want to roll out to a beautiful country that has poor internet service.