Best thing the Orioles can do is trade Kyle Stowers

Tony-OH

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

Interesting, four games, four different LF. None of which is Hays. Would be great if one of these guys could make it through a game without some kind of blunder

Gotta assume we'll see Hays in LF at home. Made more sense to put him in RF at Fenway w/ dimensions. Agree that we really need to see better defense out there. 

• Upvote 1

I thought it was very telling that when Hyde brought in a defensive replacement last night he took out stowers over santander.

Also that he put in Hays over McKenna. Not a big vote of confidence there.

Cant imagine either of those decisions is supported by analytics though

Just now, seak05 said:

I thought it was very telling that when Hyde brought in a defensive replacement last night he took out stowers over santander.

I brought this up on Frobby’s thread. 

You have to keep in mind Stowers made the last out of the 9th inning. That plays a role. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Yeah both seem like poor decisions, especially considering the catch Stowers made earlier. 

16 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I brought this up on Frobby’s thread. 

You have to keep in mind Stowers made the last out of the 9th inning. That plays a role. 

That makes sense if he had brought in McKenna to play LF, but you’re not trying to hide Hays bat. 

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

Was that a difficult catch, or did he make it look difficult?

Both.   Not an easy catch at all, but he made it look harder than it was.  He’s a little unsteady tracking fly balls IMO.  But that was hit over his head at a difficult angle, not an easy catch for anyone.  

44 minutes ago, waroriole said:

That makes sense if he had brought in McKenna to play LF, but you’re not trying to hide Hays bat. 

It’s not about hiding a bat it’s about the situation. After the other day Hyde may also want to ease McKenna back in there as well. Chance we see Ryan starting tonight. 

May have been saving Ryan for a potential pinch running spot also.  

1 hour ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Got to admit all I have seen was his last AB vs. Texas with Ian Kennedy pitching but Stowers looked completely lost.  Fanned at multiple pitches that weren't even close to the strike zone.

Batters looked lost in at bats all season long. Some pitchers you don’t see as well as others.