Ryan McKenna 2023

OsFanSinceThe80s

2 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

I haven't watched very many games on TV over the last couple of years, but because they are a better team than years past I've been able to catch a couple of nationally televised games...has he always looked like he does this season? He's a decent sized guy compared to what I had in my mind.

It does seem like he’s put on some muscle. 

• 2 weeks later...

I must say, I’ve been mostly a McKenna detractor.  In the past, too many non-competitive ABs, that glassy eyed look walking back to the dugout, the dropped fly.    BUT, he looks very good lately, at the plate, on the bases, and in the field.    That 1:13 walk to strikeout ratio keeps me from getting too excited but it’s great to see him bounce back and solidify his role on this team.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

McKenna pitched the 9th for a beleagered O's billpen.  Maybe that doesn't mean anything to those that piled on this thread, but he saved bullpen arm for tomorrow.  Thanks, McKenna.  I'm sure position players are asked "who throw the ball for an inning?"  I know a lot of players have said no in the past.  Thanks for stepping up when needdd.  It's what the 26th man does.  If a position player hurts his arm pitching the 9th, I would rather it be McKenna than Adley.

I have thought if Mateo would be any good out of rhe bullpen.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

McKenna pitched the 9th for a beleagered O's billpen.  Maybe that doesn't mean anything to those that piled on this thread, but he saved bullpen arm for tomorrow.  Thanks, McKenna.  I'm sure position players are asked "who throw the ball for an inning?"  I know a lot of players have said no in the past.  Thanks for stepping up when needdd.  It's what the 26th man does.  If a position player hurts his arm pitching the 9th, I would rather it be McKenna than Adley.

I have thought if Mateo would be any good out of rhe bullpen.

But while useful wasn't it a travesty in throwing 35mph pitches. Even Palmer was befuddled.  What was interesting was the balls came in so slow but left with such velocity.  You teach little leaugers to throw not aim....boy is that aiming the ball.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, SemperFi said:

But while useful wasn't it a travesty in throwing 35mph pitches. Even Palmer was befuddled.  What was interesting was the balls came in so slow but left with such velocity.  You teach little leaugers to throw not aim....boy is that aiming the ball.

Eh, this was a "Live to fight another day" situation.  And im glad we didnt have to waste real BP.  

It was hilarious to hear Palmer go off about it though.

1 hour ago, SemperFi said:

Looked like an attempt at some kind of knuckle ball. He was throwing even softer than the Home Run Contest guys.

Big hit in the 2nd inning but he’s got to be one of the dumbest Oriole players I’ve ever seen.  He overthrew the cutoff man a few games ago and let the hitter reach 2B.   Did he learn his lesson?  Absolutely not.   Two outs with no chance at home he air mails a throw and does it again.   He performs his role.  He does some things well.  I just have this feeling if we make the playoffs he’s going to cost us in a big spot.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Big hit in the 2nd inning but he’s got to be one of the dumbest Oriole players I’ve ever seen.  He overthrew the cutoff man a few games ago and let the hitter reach 2B.   Did he learn his lesson?  Absolutely not.   Two outs with no chance at home he air mails a throw and does it again.   He performs his role.  He does some things well.  I just have this feeling if we make the playoffs he’s going to cost us in a big spot.

Agree, but are Cameron or a healthy Haskins likely to be better? Honest question, not a strawman. I'm just incapable of finding a logic for ME's roster moves (Hicks vs Cameron). Maybe he sees Cameron as the next McKenna so he doesn't want to chance losing him now?????

Just now, AnythingO's said:

Agree, but are Cameron or a healthy Haskins likely to be better? Honest question, not a strawman. I'm just incapable of finding a logic for ME's roster moves (Hicks vs Cameron). Maybe he sees Cameron as the next McKenna so he doesn't want to chance losing him now?????

I’m just saying I can’t believe how low his baseball IQ is.