DL Hall 2023

justD

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t get this at all.

It might jibe with what he was talking about getting back to strength training. He basically had to shut down his strength program this offseason bc of his back

14 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t get this at all.

Lol. Nothing about DL Hall's development makes much sense. I have never heard the term de-load but I assume this means they're limiting his innings for a stretch and having him do more strength training? Of course Roch will have no interest in actually explaining what this tweet means. He'll just tweet it out and pat himself on the back for another job well done in baseball reporter land. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m shocked that after barely pitching for 2 week, that he came out looking poorly.  

What are you talking about?  He’s been on a normal schedule, except that last week he only threw 3 innings.  He threw 6 innings the outing before that one.  

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What are you talking about?  He’s been on a normal schedule, except that last week he only threw 3 innings.  He threw 6 innings the outing before that one.  

Trying to give him excuses.   

40 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Thank you for answering your own question.

Coming into today, he had thrown 3 innings in 13 days and it was scheduled that way.

Im not saying he should have been this bad but it’s not a surprise that he came out looking rusty and getting lit up. Same thing happened last year when they tried to limit his innings.  He got into a rut after they did that.

33 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Thank you for answering your own question.

Coming into today, he had thrown 3 innings in 13 days and it was scheduled that way.

Im not saying he should have been this bad but it’s not a surprise that he came out looking rusty and getting lit up. Same thing happened last year when they tried to limit his innings.  He got into a rut after they did that.

Such a crock.  In the minors you pitch once every six days, because every Monday is a day off.  There isn’t that much difference between pitching 5-6 innings last week and throwing 3 last week. He was on normal rest both his last 2 outings.  

55 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm edging over into the if DL Hall develops into a quality ML pitcher it's going to be for a different team territory.

I say push him to the Zac(h)k Britton route and make him a power lefty out of the 'pen. We really don't have many starting prospects so if our pitchers on the major league team are going to all be 5-and-dive, we need the best damn bullpen out there.