Apr 7th game vs Yankees Home Opener

Tony-OH

It's funny, I have figured out the TV I am watching is at least 20 seconds behind real time because I have seen things happen and then immediately see that one of you has already put a post about it on OH.

And YET.. there is another TV on the other side of the bar that is a solid 20 seconds behind the one I am watching.  The guys over there will hear us cheer and turn around and look at our TV from 25 feet away to see what happens.  So that TV is like 40 seconds behind real time.

I really don't get this.  I mean it's all electrons, right?  Don't those little suckers travel at the speed of light?

I will have to have another beer while I ponder this mystery.

• Haha 2

Just now, SteveA said:

It's funny, I have figured out the TV I am watching is at least 20 seconds behind real time because I have seen things happen and then immediately see that one of you has already put a post about it on OH.

And YET.. there is another TV on the other side of the bar that is a solid 20 seconds behind the one I am watching.  The guys over there will hear us cheer and turn around and look at our TV from 25 feet away to see what happens.  So that TV is like 40 seconds behind real time.

I really don't get this.  I mean it's all electrons, right?  Don't those little suckers travel at the speed of light?

In my house, one TV is always a few seconds behind the other.  

Just now, SteveA said:

Live broadcast signal/cable should be practically real time, but if you're streaming in any way, you're actually picking up your own individual version of the game that can be any number of seconds behind reality.  Even streams from the same source will be different per streaming device.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I worked in a bowling alley once and the tvs in the bar were on cable and the tvs on the lanes were Directv. Monday nights weren't busy for bowlers, but the bar was always packed for Monday Night Football because the specials were really good. I would know something good was about to happen because I would hear the bar go nuts then 20 secs later I would see it on the lane tvs.