McCann activated Stowers optioned

Pat Kelly

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

What exactly do you want him to say ?

Something not stupid. 

Those answers, especially the LH at bat question, were stupid. 

I really like Hyde but his handling and reasoning behind Stowers not playing is mind numbingly stupid and it reeks of someone who has paid zero attention to his game and what he did in the minors.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Something not stupid. 

I really like Hyde but his handling and reasoning behind Stowers not playing is mind numbingly stupid and it reeks of someone who has paid zero attention to his game and what he did in the minors.

Get a new adjective, bro.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Something not stupid. 

If the Orioles FO wanted him in the lineup he would be. You know this. 

3 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

But it's too soon to say never like that. Injury or poor performance from any one of 6-7 guys in the regular lineup could open up more substantial PT for Stowers pretty quickly. 

Just like Grayson going from AAA to a rotation start overnight with Bradish's injury, they probably just view Stowers as the best outfielder/DH they don't have space for, and if/once that space exists he'd be first in line.  I don't agree with that assessment because I would be giving Stowers plenty of PT over Vavra and Frazier, but I think that's what's going on. 

I agree with this.

3 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

What I don't understand is why they haven't traded Hays or Santander by now. Even if they don't like Stowers as a full time OF, he could be a credible DH. Just seems like Stowers has enough of a minor league track record to deserve an opportunity for regular ABs. Especially with Frazier we could trade pretty much any expendable player to create opportunities for Stowers without losing much offense or defense.

GG caliber Urias and Mateo are play well and hitting.  Frazier has been hitting as well.   That has pushed Gunnar to backup at SS/3B and  more time at DH.   With Adley and Santander also DHing there is no much room for Stowers.   

Hays and Santander are injury prone.  I don't expect Urias and Mateo to keep hitting like they have been.   At some point there will be PT for Stowers.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

If they never intended to play Stowers, they should have just optioned him to begin with and kept Cordero

You mean the same Cordero that has a career sub 700 OPS and 84 wRC+?

Why are people obsessed with this guy?

Just now, Sports Guy said:

You mean the same Cordero that has a career sub 700 OPS and 84 wRC+?

Why are people obsessed with this guy?

Sure. I’m not buying the guy but the overall point remains.

By end of this week a lefty bat will be replacing Stowers.