Yennier Canó 2023

OsFanSinceThe80s

Cano splits for the season:
First 21.2 innings,- 4 hits allowed, no runs, no walks and 25 K's
Last 12.1 innings - 16 hits allowed, 4 runs all earned 4 walks and 8 Ks.

Hopefully it will change back, but right now, I am a bit more nervous when Cano comes in the game than Baumann. Other than the really bad game vs Cleveland, Baumann has been very effective in his last 10-11 appearances while Cano has been shaky in most of his last 10 to 11 appearances, although at least avoiding total meltdowns.

• 4 weeks later...

I just worry about Cano and Bautista being burned out.  Baumann too.  That's why a trade for a guy like Scott Barlow, has extra added value to us, and getting him early.  We know he's available now, and the Royals moved Chapman already.  Getting Barlow early would be worth more than Barlow himself, it would mean we get to take some of the weight off the back end of the pen.  That's worth it.  

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, banks703 said:

YC looks off right now.  His arm seems high and he’s not getting the same movement. 

Well that aged like milk. 

The point remains and even Ben noticed it and mentioned it on the broadcast. I wonder if for a guy like that with that arm slot if that’s a sign of being burned out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, banks703 said:

The point remains and even Ben noticed it and mentioned it on the broadcast. I wonder if for a guy like that with that arm slot if that’s a sign of being burned out. 

It doesn’t help they kept calling fastball after fastball.  His change looked good tonight but fastball was either straight or pulled a few across body.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, banks703 said:

Impressive that Ben was able to quickly notice that and point it out.

35 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

Impressive that Ben was able to quickly notice that and point it out.

HA my name is actually Ben but no fair! I posted before Ben mentioned it on the broadcast! 

He also confirmed my suspicion that it’s probably arm fatigue. That’s not good to hear. YC has been a workhorse. Him slipping even a little bit would be devastating for the O’s. 

16 hours ago, banks703 said:

HA my name is actually Ben but no fair! I posted before Ben mentioned it on the broadcast! 

He also confirmed my suspicion that it’s probably arm fatigue. That’s not good to hear. YC has been a workhorse. Him slipping even a little bit would be devastating for the O’s. 

Yes, and hopefully Fujinami can help fill the void if necessary.