The Orioles Big Walk Advantage

Filmstudy

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Gunnar and Adley.

And guys, this is just the start. This will become the norm.

For all the angst about Elias “ignoring pitching in the draft”, this is the result..offensive stud players.

Its why that strategy is correct.

Mullins has had a significant BB% rate jump too.  

Good things happen when you don't get out and/or put the ball in play!

7 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

Mullins has had a significant BB% rate jump too.  

Good things happen when you don't get out and/or put the ball in play!

Not sure I buy the jump for Mullins though. I’m absolutely buying Gunnar and Adley. Those 2 alone change so many things.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Not sure I buy the jump for Mullins though. I’m absolutely buying Gunnar and Adley. Those 2 alone change so many things.

That's fair at this point.  I'm buying the direction more than the degree.  Mateo, Frazier, Urias, and Santander have shown improvement that I'm on the fence about as well.  Their changes aren't as statistically significant or have bigger questions about sustainability.

The only two with a meaningful track record in the MLB with BB% regression are Hays and Mountcastle.  But those guys are hitting the ball harder (EV, HH%, Barrels), so I'll take it!  And Hays BB% decrease isn't statistically significant.

This has all the markings of a tailored employee improvement plan and the players/coaches are actively working toward applying the improvements.

7 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Wait until Cowser gets up here.  He’s right there with Adley and Gunnar when it comes to plate discipline.