What would it take to get Max Fried

seak05

9 minutes ago, HelenaEngineer said:

I never indicated an opposition to trading to improve the pitching. Living in Atlanta and following the Braves as my secondary team, I dispute the notion that they would be interesting in trading Fried unless they get a massive return. That’s just not how they operate.

I also dispute the idea that a team with enough pitching to make the playoffs is not a legitimate World Series contender. In addition, I have seen enough postseason failures with rotations that included a Palmer, McNally, Cueller combo or a Maddox, Glavine, Smoltz combo to be disabused of the notion that having the best rotation is a magic elixir in October.

it certainly wins divisions and is nice to have in the postseason, but a balanced offense and great bullpen often prevails in the postseason.

I live in this community and have done so for many years, almost my entire life. I am glad that you have the Braves to root for and they have an awesome team and have done an incredible job of building their org. I don't have that luxury. I'm O's or bust...lol

I NEVER advocated for or thought it was even serious discussion to suggest trading for Fried. Just look at what I have posted in this thread. My thoughts were about trading for actual realistic targets like Cease, maybe Luzardo, Eduardo Rodriguez, etc.

I can join you in saying that the postseason is a crap shoot and the best teams don't always win. But neither do the worst. With what we have now, we would be entering the American League postseason with the worst rotation by far. I do not like those odds. And I believe with all of our org talent including NINE top 100 prospects, we don't and shouldn't have to. We are the riches or in the sport when it comes to prospects and have redundancy at some spots. If we can't figure out how to turn out places of excess into ways to improve our area of greatest weakness (starting pitching) then I don't know what we are doing.

1 hour ago, Bemorewins said:

I live in this community and have done so for many years, almost my entire life. I am glad that you have the Braves to root for and they have an awesome team and have done an incredible job of building their org. I don't have that luxury. I'm O's or bust...lol

Not that anyone asked or any one cares, but I've always had an affinity for the Braves too, ever since they beat the Pirates in the National League Championship back in 1992. And they've continued to beat up on teams I don't like (such as the Yankees), which has helped the Orioles over the years.

The Orioles are my favorite team hands down. But there were a lot of years when the Orioles didn't give fans much to cheer about, and the Braves were able to fill that baseball void in the post season during those times for people like me. But that didn't stop me from cheering for the Orioles to beat the Braves tonight. I was grinning like a clown during the 7th inning when the Orioles put up a crooked number on those Braves.