What would it take to get Max Fried

seak05

1 minute ago, joelala said:

I don’t think they’ll be looking to trade him. He’s a key part of their pursuit for another ring. 

Yeah, the main thing it would take is a huge collapse by the Braves. They’re not the type of contender to be selling at the deadline. 

11 minutes ago, seak05 said:

In honor of the orioles playing Atlanta. 

Atlanta has Shortstop “issues”, and he’ll be a free agent after 2024. What would it take and/or what would you give up to get max fried?

Wait, a team with World Series aspirations is going to give up their #1 starting pitcher because they have 'shortstop' issues? I don't get it help me out here...

You know there are probably much more realistic players that we could target than Fried.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

That is the kind of conversation the Orioles' brass needs to be having. I don't think we can compete for a championship without a couple of starters much better than we have now.

Agreed. But why target an unrealistic player like Fried. I think it may be better to look toward the non-contenders. No?

• Upvote 1

I suppose if the Braves pitching depth is really good as the season goes on and they can acquire offensive pieces they need for Fried, it’s possible but it will be tough to find someone who is a contender who is ok with giving up pieces that are helping right now.

2 minutes ago, SouthernBird said:

We don't need Fried. This is the best team Baltimore has fielded in over 2 decades. Just let em play and enjoy it.

I can't agree with this.  The 2014 and 2012 O's are better and its not really close.  There is almost a 0% chance Atlanta trades Fried.  A potential divisional winner trading their Ace? 

1 minute ago, Emory Eagle said:

I misread the title and thought this thread would be about the hitting approach to take against Fried... 

Why on Earth would Atlanta trade one of their best SP in a season where they are contending for a title?  It's not happening. 

The only reason they would entertain it is because he is a FA after next year and he’s been the one guy they haven’t been able to extend.

He will also be worth more in July than he will be in November and Atlanta has never been shy about trading guys at top value.

But it’s highly unlikely they would trade him during the season since he’s arguably their best starter and they are WS contenders.

Just now, Aglets said:

A miracle combined with a severe stroke by the Braves' front office.

Let's put it this way.  I don't think the Braves are looking to sell for prospects this year.

It wouldn’t likely be prospects.

If he keeps it up, it would be something like Mateo. A ML contributor playing at a high level at a position of need.