Saturday, May 6: Orioles in Atlanta, try to win 8th consecutive series

SteveA

Just now, Dibbs31 said:

2-3. Keeping us in the game. Braves have a top 3 lineup in baseball. We have a bunch of mediocre pitchers. I'd call this a success

I'm amazed that Baltimore has the record that they do when compared to a lineup like Atlanta.

The Orioles don't have elite starters, but you can plan for that. Tampa starters have thrown the fewest innings in the majors, but it's by design..and they build and plan their bullpen with that in mind. Rather then asking starters to be able to go through the order 3x

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Meh, I wouldn’t call 7 baserunners in 4.1 pretty damn good.

Strider’s 10 Ks and 4 baserunners in 5 against our elite lineup was pretty damn good.

The Braves lineup is better then ours.  We have a very good team but go through each position and tell me what position we have a better hitter then they do?  

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Dibbs31 said:

2-3. Keeping us in the game. Braves have a top 3 lineup in baseball. We have a bunch of mediocre pitchers. I'd call this a success

Yeah this is the best that I think could be reasonably expected from him. Hopefully two of he, Kremer, and Gibson will be replaced by Means and a front rotation starter that we trade for around the deadline.

Some real hard hit balls on Bradish that inning.  But thankfully our defense made some real good plays.  Now the batters need to have decent at bats so Bradish can get a real break and catch his breath.  No swinging at the first pitch pop up stuff....please.