Tuesday, May 9 vs Tampa Bay Rays

SteveA

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Mountcastle is like, not only will have a crap approach at the plate, but I'll be a butcher at 1B. Instead of getting off to a great start this inning, now we have a guy on 1st base. 

I’d like to see Kjerstad take over at 1B later this season

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

I feel like a broken record -- does anyone know what that is anymore? -- but to me it's a matter of Elias' (and maybe John Angelos's) risk aversion. Has Elias ever contributed to decisions on drafting pitchers early or on decisions to trade meaningful talent to fill in gaps in a team's home-grown talent?

You can't be blamed for wasting a high draft pick on a pitcher who gets injured or can't hack it in the majors if you don't use your draft picks that way.  You can't be blamed for making a bad trade if you don't trade anything meaningful.

If this team had an owner or  CEO who knew anything about baseball, I think there would be a serious question after this season whether to move on from Elias (assuming his inaction isn't at ownership's direction). He did a fine job in the initial stages of the rebuild, but I see no evidence that he knows how to go forward from there. I hope i'm wrong.

He did with the Astros.

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

You're being dumb.

Nobody said they were quitters and weren't trying. They needed to get mad. Mad at themselves for sucking. They need to expect to win. They need to do something like they did this inning. Come out and hit a few balls hard.

Put some damn runs on the board and get ahead. now Rodriguez needs to come out and shut them down. 

I'm being dumb? Okay, Chief. Sarcasm isn't your thing, I get it. Go read some of your posts, I'm just a big enough boy to not call people dumb.

• Upvote 1