Hyde interview with Russo

Sports Guy

Mad dog is the worst, almost unwatchable like Stephen A. I saw Russo on ESPN once stating that Cooper Kupp doesn’t need to play another down and would make the Hall of Fame. This was just last year. He completely lost all credibility on sports after saying that. 

11 minutes ago, Os4days said:

Mad dog is the worst, almost unwatchable like Stephen A. I saw Russo on ESPN once stating that Cooper Kupp doesn’t need to play another down and would make the Hall of Fame. This was just last year. He completely lost all credibility on sports after saying that. 

These people exist for the hot takes.  

You wouldn't be talking about him if he said something reasonable about Cooper Kupp.

With Russo I separate style and substance.   His voice is excruciating, and he talks too much and too fast.  But, I usually find his questions well-informed and fairly specific.  He usually knows more about his subject than most national TV guys, IMO.   I haven’t listened to this interview, but will do so. 

I should add that my only exposure to Russo has been when he’s interviewing people affiliated with the Orioles.  I don’t know anything about his “hot takes,” or how he is on other subjects. 

Edited by Frobby
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

With Russo I separate style and substance.   His voice is excruciating, and he talks too much and too fast.  But, I usually find his questions well-informed and fairly specific.  He usually knows more about his subject than most national TV guys, IMO.   I haven’t listened to this interview, but will do so. 

I should add that my only exposure to Russo has been when he’s interviewing people affiliated with the Orioles.  I don’t know anything about his “hot takes,” or how he is on other subjects. 

Pretty much my exact thoughts re Russo. His insights are actually pretty good and he tends to have decent knowledge of the Os when he talks about them. It’s worth tolerating the style, which actually isn’t as bad anyway when you’re a little used to it. I like the guy. 

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

I tape Brian Kenny's show and most days the extra 30 seconds in the DVR catches Russo's outro.

Yesterday his MLB Power Rankings for the week had all five AL East teams in the top 10, even the Red Sox.

Hard to argue with that really. Sox have exceeded expectations thus far.