Friday May 19: Orioles at Blue Jays, televised exclusively on Apple+ TV

SteveA

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

For some reason the second guessing Hyde thread wanted Irvin to close as if nothing bad can happen with a four run lead and your worst pitcher.

Because if you don't trust a ML pitcher to get 3 outs with a 4 run lead, they shouldn't be on a major league roster. 

But now you've upped the possibility that instead of having Voth (or Irvin) out there with a 4 run lead, they're out there with a 1 run lead....like literally just happened yesterday 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Correct call to bring in Felix here IMO. No screwing around with this game. Hyde tried Voth with a four run lead the other night and wound up having to go the Mountain anyway. 

A top reliever can pitch a limited number of games. You can't have him pitch every time you'd like to. Is this a game in which you should use both Cano and Bautista (in different situations, given the Frazier HR)? I don't think it is, and I don't really understand the argument on the other side.

1 minute ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

100%. Bad call. We should have guys who can get 3 outs before 4 runs are given up. It’s almost like Hyde is living game to game. 

I thought Gibson had the mojo working.  He should have gone out for 8th and then have someone to finish off that wasn't Cano/Bautista.   Think the game sped up on Hyde a little bit.  

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Seem like a perfect time to sit Bautista and not use him. Not a fan of using the closer with a 4-run lead.

I saw he was warming in the 8th before the Frazier HR. Warming him up and then not using him doesn’t really make much sense either does it? 

He doesn’t look like he has much command tonight regardless 

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

For some reason the second guessing Hyde thread wanted Irvin to close as if nothing bad can happen with a four run lead and your worst pitcher.

If Irvin can’t pitch one inning without giving up 4 runs then why is he on the team?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

A top reliever can pitch a limited number of games. You can't have him pitch every time you'd like to. Is this a game in which you should use both Cano and Bautista (in different situations, given the Frazier HR)? I don't think it is, and I don't really understand the argument on the other side.

I agree with this. I can only think Bautista was already warmed up before the Frazier homer? 

• Upvote 1