Friday May 19: Orioles at Blue Jays, televised exclusively on Apple+ TV

SteveA

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Not the trio you want up in the top of the 9th when you need to tack on some runs. 

Y'all keep dumping on Frazier. A man with a positive career WAA. Meaning believe it or not, Frazier has actually been an above average MLB player for his career.

• Upvote 2

Just now, ArtVanDelay said:

Frazier is an enigma 

He is a decent ballplayer, that's all.  Probably not worth what we paid him, and signed at a position where we had talent.  So people don't like him.  But that doesn't mean he's an awful ballplayer.  He's not.  Everyone acts surprised every time he does anything good as if he was a AAAA utility man.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SilverRocket said:

Frazier getting those dinky angle home runs like JJ Hardy used to on the other side.

I'll take it. 

Was always amazed when JJ would get a HR.  It seemed so incongruous somehow. 

I love Ryan Spillborghs on Loud Outs, I think he's done a decent job tonight.  But I haven't read what others have said, or what the story is with the PBP guy, who I've also enjoyed.  I feel like we lucked out. 

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

He is a decent ballplayer, that's all.  Probably not worth what we paid him, and signed at a position where we had talent.  So people don't like him.  But that doesn't mean he's an awful ballplayer.  He's not.  Everyone acts surprised every time he does anything good as if he was a AAAA utility man.

This. Frazier is the team whipping boy and the first player the fans look to for a scapegoat anytime losses happen. But the truth is, Frazier can still actually play. He's pretty much a dead on league average ballplayer. I said it before and I'll say it again, I don't think Joey Ortiz is a better player than Adam Frazier. I just don't.

• Upvote 1