Grayson needs to move to the pen

Mr-splash

I always hate the "he has nothing to prove" argument when a guy hasn't actually dominated a level for at least most of a season. I'm fine if Grayson proves he's ready, even if he skipped AAA all together, but I'd rather see them be one of the best at each level and truly have nothing to prove.

I think Rom was heading in that direction, but then he comes up for no real reason and hasn't been as good once he returned. Just leave them alone until August.

Just now, orioles22 said:

I always hate the "he has nothing to prove" argument when a guy hasn't actually dominated a level for at least most of a season. I'm fine if Grayson proves he's ready, even if he skipped AAA all together, but I'd rather see them be one of the best at each level and truly have nothing to prove.

I think Rom was heading in that direction, but then he comes up for no real reason and hasn't been as good once he returned. Just leave them alone until August.

Grayson dominated BEFORE injury and has been awful ever since -at AAA and here .. he has plenty to prove .. he has to find the pre injury Grayson but as of now he is likely going to get hammered in AAA with this stuff. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Grayson dominated BEFORE injury and has been awful ever since -at AAA and here .. he has plenty to prove .. he has to find the pre injury Grayson but as of now he is likely going to get hammered in AAA with this stuff. 

I think at this point a trip to Norfolk has to be the answer.  He has not proved anything this year except he is NOT ready for prime time.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

My point was he didn't dominate long enough at Norfolk even though he was really close before the injury.

1 hour ago, tntoriole said:

Norfolk… not the bullpen 

Grayson needs to work on being a starter not settling to be a relief pitcher.

It takes some pitchers longer to figure it out and the Orioles are trying to win games they can’t afford for Grayson to work things out while losing games. 

Now is the time to compete for the playoffs and players who can’t cut it need to be at Norfolk or Bowie. 

• Upvote 2