Wednesday, May 31: Homestand and the month of May end with rubber match vs Guardians

SteveA

10 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

**whispers**

this, the offense being anemic, and Hyde probably not being the guy are reasons why there's no rush to start shipping off top-tier prospects for a year and a half of a starting pitcher.

We can continue to give reasons/rationale to never improve the team. Meanwhile, time will continue to pass and Adley’s contract will continue to run.

**whispers**

2 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Actually--and I didn't mention this yesterday b/c I didn't want to hex him!--Hicks was 7 for 17 for the Yankees coming over. He may be locked in for a while.

The Orioles can always DFA Hicks when he turns back into a pumpkin. The offense finally shows signs of life and now the pitching staff is a complete mess.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TheWall said:

Voth has been way better than Rodriguez in recent weeks. The development of both Rodriguez and Hall is also in consideration. 

What exactly is the long term plan for Hall? I still don't understand what they are doing with him at Norfolk 

2 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

What exactly is the long term plan for Hall? I still don't understand what they are doing with him at Norfolk 

If I had to guess, they’re finally admitting that he isn’t ever going to be a good MLB starter and are going to try to make him a bullpen piece 

13 minutes ago, Dunk35 said:

Hyde deserves some blame for riding these guys into the dirt. The BP is cooked because he wants to throw everyone every day. 

Hyde and probably Sig's analytics team, I doubt Hyde is making every pitching decision without some input.

The bullpen is going to be burnt out before the official start of summer with the overuse of relief pitchers even when factoring in the starting pitchers not getting past the fifth/sixth inning regularly.

Just now, TopGunnar said:

If I had to guess, they’re finally admitting that he isn’t ever going to be a good MLB starter and are going to try to make him a bullpen piece 

I think they are claiming they want to cut his pitches now so he can have more energy to lift heavy in the pursuit of strengthing his back so his Velo might come back.    Why he needs to lift heavy is confusing me.  I really dont think you need to lift heavy to be a great pitcher.  You can go overboard and end up like Dylan Bundy.  Or you can lift light and be Mike Mussina.  

But they know more than we do I guess.   

I am starting to lean on him maxing out as a high leverage guy that could get a big K in a tough spot.  With the risk he walks every other guy.