Ryan O'Hearn has to start

Mr-splash

5 hours ago, Matt Bennett said:

.105/.105/.211 in last 7 days

.222/.222/.278 in last 14 days

.264/.270/.417 in last 28 days

It's a pretty ordinary slump but it's something to keep on eye considering his career resume. .346 BABIP thus far with a career .283 BABIP. 

Those 14 and 28 days numbers are greatly effected by the last 7 days.  The 7 days prior to the last 7 he hit .364.   He was still hitting really well just a week ago. 

We also need to remember that Mountcastle is slump-prone, and it’s good to have O’Hearn available to play more when Mountcastle cools off.  I’m enjoying Mountcastle’s heater and hope it continues ad infinitum, but his history is one of very hot spells followed by very cold ones.  

O’Hearn is not the guy we need to be worrying about he has been a lot better then some of the other guys in the lineup we need to get going.  Since the All star break.

Gunnar .206/.263/.721

Santander .183/.286/.661

Hays .182/.219/.482

O’Hearn .269/.284/.707

Yeah O’Hearn needs to get on base more and take some walks but I see him more of a luxury then those 3 guys that need to be catalyst to the offense.  If we are going to make a serious run 2 or those 3 have to get going. Imo

4 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

O’Hearn is not the guy we need to be worrying about he has been a lot better then some of the other guys in the lineup we need to get going.  Since the All star break.

Gunnar .206/.263/.721

Santander .183/.286/.661

Hays .182/.219/.482

O’Hearn .269/.284/.707

Yeah O’Hearn needs to get on base more and take some walks but I see him more of a luxury then those 3 guys that need to be catalyst to the offense.  If we are going to make a serious run 2 or those 3 have to get going. Imo

I guess it really hasn't occurred to people that we've faced some of the best teams in baseball since the break... including Miami, LA, Tampa, Philly, NYY, Tor, NYM, Hou, Sea... and have a solid winning record over that stretch. But they faced some pretty good pitchers.

The only cupcake series in that list was the NYM, which they swept.

Ya think maybe some of the down batting stats might have a little to do with the pitching they faced?

Nah.... sounds like a crackpot theory.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bpilktree said:

Gunnar .206/.263/.721

Santander .183/.286/.661

Hays .182/.219/.482

O’Hearn .269/.284/.707

Yes, on the one hand, we're lucky for some partly compensating performances:

Mountcastle .395 / .457 / .630 / 1.087

Frazier .271 / .302 / .492 / .793

Rutschman .262 / .333  / .449  / .782

But also we've been lucky to win a good number of low-scoring games that didn't require a lot of hitting, e.g., a 2-0 and two 1-0 wins.

Edited by LA2

40 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Gunnar .206/.263/.721

Santander .183/.286/.661

Hays .182/.219/.482

O’Hearn .269/.284/.707

Folks rightfully cite Mountcastle as being streaky but Santander and Hays have both shown the same tendency.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Folks rightfully cite Mountcastle as being streaky but Santander and Hays have both shown the same tendency.

I think it is because Mountcastle goes on streaks that no other player on this team has shown the ability too like he does, which makes it more frustrating.  Mountcastle has 6 months with OPS over .950 in his career in that same time Santander has 2 and Hays has 1.  Mountcastle’s hot is at a different level.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1