Orioles calling up Westburg.

Brian88

1 hour ago, deward said:

If all Westburg gets is the same 30 AB audition that Ortiz and Stowers got this year, then he isn't being given a real chance. 

Ortiz was a fourth round pick and Stowers a third.  Westburg was 30th over all.  I think they give him more than a cup of coffee.  

Just now, wildcard said:

People act like Ortiz is dying or something.    He goes down has gets his bat going with regular at bats.   An Injury happens and he is right bat up with the major league club.

...sitting on the bench yet again.  I'd rather he just tear it up in Norfolk.

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

People act like Ortiz is dying or something.    He goes down has gets his bat going with regular at bats.   An Injury happens and he is right bat up with the major league club.

The picture that is coming together so far is that the club doesn't think as highly of Ortiz as some folks around here do. He seems to be more on the Stowers level for them.

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

People act like Ortiz is dying or something.    He goes down, gets his bat going with regular at bats.   An Injury happens and he is right bat up with the major league club.

I expect some moves in the next 4 weeks to make room for the next generation guys.  We won't get much back for anyone who needs to move on, but we need to make room.

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

People act like Ortiz is dying or something.    He goes down, gets his bat going with regular at bats.   An Injury happens and he is right bat up with the major league club.

I don’t think that is fair. I think some people, myself included, think Ortiz didn’t get a meaningful opportunity. The hype video and real number suggest that they are going to give Westburg a real and meaningful opportunity. I personally prefer Ortiz as a player and just wish that he had been given the same opportunity. My preference could be wrong, but I think people are allowed to be a little frustrated with the lack of opportunity that Ortiz was given. 

7 minutes ago, 86this said:

That moment...

Why didnt he cry?  I wanted tears of joy.  Nothing....all stoic.   LOL  just kidding.

4 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

so happy for that guy......make us proud, JW!!