Smoky day game rescheduling?

Morgan423

26 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Would any of you guys cut your grass in an AQI of 150-200 if you didn't absolutely have to? 

I'm finding this situation with the air quality to be a nuisance, but it is a valid concern.

Yes.   I was out working all evening with quality around 165 and certainly absolutely didn't have to.   I think some of this is being quite overrated, but that's a discussion for another time.   As it relates to the Os playing, I hope it doesn't cause any cancelations.

46 minutes ago, SteveA said:

So how does today compare to Baltimore area June 4-8?   I was out of town that week so today was really the first time I have encountered this.  By the time I got back on Friday the 9th, it had subsided.

I know the Nats postponed a game because of it while I was out in Las Vegas.   Phillies too?

I don't know what it's like in Baltimore currently, but I was in DC when the Nats postponed their game and honestly line-of-sight vision was low, the haze was settling, I can understand why they cancelled the game even if you don't consider the health factors, 60 feet, 6 inches away would have been hard enough to see a ball coming, much less an outfielder trying to catch a high pop up. This, at least what I've seen around here, is less than earlier in June.

Edit: Also, I just want to add, I spent over a decade as a volunteer firefighter, so I know smoke when I smell it and see it, and that first week of June was not good.

Edited by CharmCityHokie
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Have there been any other mlb games cancelled other than the Nats game?

There weren’t any games cancelled today and the Baysox and Ironbirds both played home games today, I think tomorrows game will be fine. 

21 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Don't say that. I 'm planning to go.

This is Justin Berk's AQI forecast for Friday. It's better than today, but I don't know how MLB decides this. Good thing there wasn't a game scheduled today because it's certainly postponed.

Air Quality Forecast: Smoke Filled Air Forecast To Improve This Weekend

Air-quality-forecast-baltimore-june-30.j

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

I am from MD but have lived in the west for 20ish years. Idaho, Wyoming and Montana can get very bad from wild fires. Judging from what I have seen, you guys will be fine. When you walk outside and it looks like dusk in the middle of the day and you can smell the smoke and it is orange, then maybe you don’t want to be out. Los Ángeles is probably an air quality index of 250 all of the time without wild fires(I am exaggerating but it is always bad there).

I took a light run yesterday with no issues.  My wife went with me who has asthma.  No problems.  If anything it felt good without the oppressive heat.  Not saying whether they should play or not play tonight, but the conditions don’t effect everyone even though they are less than ideal for sure.  The problem is there is no wind and the air is stagnant.

Edited by drdelaware