Smoky day game rescheduling?

Morgan423

As of the moment I'm typing this (1545 EDT), the air quality index in the area of OPACY is at 215, which is pretty freaking bad.  It's being caused by the continuing wildfire smoke drifting down out of Canada.

I haven't seen anything anywhere regarding potentially rescheduling tonight's game, but I'd like to hope it'd be in the realm of possibly.  No one really should be exposing themselves for long periods of time.. but particularly not fans who have underlying respiratory conditions.

Just wanted to post something here to give a heads up in case anyone had plans to go to the game tonight and they don't reschedule it.  Wasn't sure if some might not have been following the situation, and aren't aware of how bad it is at the moment.  Thanks.

Whoops, disregard.  There's no game tonight. 

I've been thinking it's Friday all day.  This is just another reminder that it's not. 

Still, it is pretty bad out there, do be careful if you have to spend any extended time outside. 

Edited by Morgan423

9 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Whoops, disregard.  There's no game tonight. 

I've been thinking it's Friday all day.  This is just another reminder that it's not. 

Still, it is pretty bad out there, do be careful if you have to spend any extended time outside. 

Hey, don't back off too far.   This could apply to tomorrow night's game.  I don't see any rain in the forecast between now and then.

9 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

This is going to be an ongoing issue until at least Fall according to what I heard today.

The good news is I think some of these fires have been contained in the last 24 hours, and the smoke will become more manageable. If they explode again due to arson or some natural cause. I dont know. Canada says this fire season is 10 times worse than a normal year. 

31 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

The good news is I think some of these fires have been contained in the last 24 hours, and the smoke will become more manageable. If they explode again due to arson or some natural cause. I dont know. Canada says this fire season is 10 times worse than a normal year. 

Imagine that 

So how does today compare to Baltimore area June 4-8?   I was out of town that week so today was really the first time I have encountered this.  By the time I got back on Friday the 9th, it had subsided.

I know the Nats postponed a game because of it while I was out in Las Vegas.   Phillies too?

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

So how does today compare to Baltimore area June 4-8?   I was out of town that week so today was really the first time I have encountered this.  By the time I got back on Friday the 9th, it had subsided.

I know the Nats postponed a game because of it while I was out in Las Vegas.   Phillies too?

It's 211 AQI in Baltimore right now.

• Upvote 1