Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

9/9, 65, All Orioles and I believe you could make a pretty good batting order out of it

Spoiler

Rick Dempsey (C), Eddie Murray (1B), Frank Robinson (RF)

Roberto Alomar (2B), Justin Turner (3B), Jose Bautista (DH)

Joe Carter (LF), Steve Finley (CF), Manny Machado (SS)

• Upvote 2

I totally wimped out today.   I saw immediately that I wasn't going to be able to fill this one with Orioles. And I was afraid I would mess up if I tried to go for low scores on the pitching categories and guess wrong.  So I knew I wasn't going to have a low rarity score either.  So I just took the low hanging fruit to pick up the easy 9/9 with a 124 rarity score.  When this game was new I would have felt good about just getting 9/9, but today I feel a slight sense of shame for taking the easy way out.

Screenshot_20240402-094155.thumb.png.0d3f364d0a0a2733c061757225a6dffd.png

9/9, 65.  Have a nice little 9/9 streak going, at least 4 or 5 days in a row.  Took me a long time to come up with someone for the upper left.

Spoiler

Kendrys Morales, David Cone, Buddy Biancalana

Jamie Moyer, Tommy Hunter, Steve Jeltz

Nelson Cruz, Keith Hernandez, Miguel Tejada

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

FWIW, tomorrow is the one-year anniversary of the first Immaculate Grid.  I wonder if they'll do anything special.   

They are going to add NPB and KBO.

Obviously I have no knowledge of what they might add.

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They are going to add NPB and KBO.

Obviously I have no knowledge of what they might add.

Truth is, I could probably name more AL/NL players who also played in those leagues than I can name AL/NL players in the Negro Leagues, who've been in the Grid a number of times.  

Just now, Frobby said:

Truth is, I could probably name more AL/NL players who also played in those leagues than I can name AL/NL players in the Negro Leagues, who've been in the Grid a number of times.  

I wouldn't be surprised if it they were added at some point.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it they were added at some point.

Yeah, I don't think they'd do it on a team by team basis, i.e. having to know someone who played for the Royals and the Nippon Ham Fighters.   But having to know someone who played for the Royals and in the NPB, or in the KBO?   Sure.

The NFL Immaculate Grid occasionally will throw in a major college program, like Alabama or USC, and you'll have to put an alumni of that school in the corresponding squares.

I'd like to a row or column where you have to name someone who had a brother, or a father, who also played in the majors.  

catching up adding puzzles from the last few days- scores between 50-80, one or two cells each time that killed my scores.  Tough rounds when Seattle are involved always.

Spoiler

couldn't sneak Chris Sale getting a star tin Atlanta past people

image.png.09209d13cea293fc1ac850ba38683fe5.png

image.png.f2e4f67ab338b305d54655849f7c1f3b.png

always try to avoid Beltre, but couldn't think of anyone else - was pleasantly surprised he was under 20%

image.png.0bf2260b9d245c946c943ffcb785ca3e.png