Twin Twins series

Just Regular

On 7/2/2023 at 7:12 PM, FlipTheBird said:

We could be playing the Newark Bears and some folks here would give us no shot.

But have you seen the Newark Bears rotation?   I know the Orioles are a good quality team but we cant compete with people in a short series with this rag tag rotation.  The Bears would devastate our birds. 🤣

It’s time to finish the job on the whole first half and get this sweep. Revenge spot for Gibson too. Love those. He’s got something to prove. 

They better re-write their lines for the ASG broadcast because after tonight we’ll be one up on TB in the loss column, and the announcers love fest for them during the game won’t be able to label them as the best record in the AL. 

Might not matter much, because if the Twins do well enough to be in the same record neighborhood as us at the end of hte season, they will probably be ALC champs and not fighting us for a wild card.   But you never know, maybe Cleveland will get hot.

Todays [likely] win gives us a 4-2 season series victory over the Twins that means if we were tied for a wild card spot or wild card seeding, we would have the tiebreak.

On 7/1/2023 at 6:17 PM, banks703 said:

Today is the start of what is going to be a meteoric slide back to reality. They’re going to lose to Gray tomorrow to be swept at home by the Twins. 

Four in NY, who are down right now and the O’s played well there a few weeks back but they are of course the Yankees. 

Three more next weekend in Minnesota. 

It’s VERY real and possible that they could be on a 10+ game slide heading into the All-Star break

They’ve waited too long to do something about terrible middle relief, and worse, the extremely underwhelming offense. Someone else posted it in another thread, with the July schedule, falling all the way back to .500 is very real.

Pitiful.  

LOL

A team that hasn't been swept in a series in over a season, and has played .550 ball for well over a year, how in the world does anyone suddenly think there's any possibility of them going 0-1?

This qualifies as entirely small-minded.  My former boss is a huge, huge Twins fan.  Five weeks ago, he DFA’d me, for reasons I did not agree with.

The results of this weekend were agreeable to me.

Back to our regular programming.  Did not mean to go off topic.  What a great weekend 

• Upvote 1